I am guessing Grindr is too much work?

John Vespa

I've talked to many young men about OF and it seems the consensus is that the huge payouts don't happen very much anymore. Even if these guys get a big following with a steady monthly income in the five figures the really of it being a job sets in. 

OF is the new dream of the lazy. They really just want to get paid for sitting around and doing nothing.

12 hours ago, BeamerBikes said:

In other news, Grindr IS too much work.  So much more efficient contracting out with a provider.  Time is money - goes both ways. 

Are you so busy? I like Grindr while watching Netflix. Add a drink and it's a relaxing evening. And as an added bonus, once in a while I find someone much more interesting than a "provider".

37 minutes ago, Sub boy said:

One man’s relaxing evening is another man’s depression

In principle I would agree, but in this case what is that you find depressing? The drink, the Netflix, or Grindr? Asking out of curiosity.

3 minutes ago, Sub boy said:

All of it. I don’t drink, I don’t really watch TV, and can’t stand Grindr. Just goes to show how different people can be. But to each his own. 

Thanks for answering. Curiosity killed... 😅

Grindr is a wasteland. Either it's a scammer or a rent boy or a time waster or worse case scenario, it's a stalker/psycho.

10 hours ago, wanderlust307 said:

In principle I would agree, but in this case what is that you find depressing? The drink, the Netflix, or Grindr? Asking out of curiosity.

On 7/10/2024 at 2:21 AM, Pd1_jap said:

I've talked to many young men about OF and it seems the consensus is that the huge payouts don't happen very much anymore. Even if these guys get a big following with a steady monthly income in the five figures the really of it being a job sets in. 

OF is the new dream of the lazy. They really just want to get paid for sitting around and doing nothing.

This!

a lot of people don’t understand it’s more than just fucking. Actually to get money is more about creating a brand and narrative, answering your fans. Marketing custom vids and pics. Managing other social media to funnel into your fan pages 

On 7/10/2024 at 2:21 AM, Pd1_jap said:

Thats sad, its like Uber.  Uber was good from what I hear but now everyone is an uber driver.  Everyone wants to be an only fans star.  

1 hour ago, Skirader said:

Thats sad, its like Uber.  Uber was good from what I hear but now everyone is an uber driver.  Everyone wants to be an only fans star.  

I don’t know what universe you live in but in mine not everybody wants to be a Uber driver. In my limited experience of using Uber in the last two years, the drivers are mostly recent immigrants to Canada. Some may have qualifications that would normally enable them to work in more skilled and demanding positions but there are obstacles to getting such jobs.