Message from the Administrator

Cooper

@Simon Suraci, At the bottom of every page you’ll find a link to the Guidelines. The examples you gave are good ones. Also, keep an eye out for spam, wrong forum,  and gallery violations. 

The Moderators are concerned about new members (newbies) joining just to attack members & providers. Their weapon is hate speech. 

1 hour ago, Cooper said:

The Moderators are concerned about new members (newbies) joining just to attack members & providers. Their weapon is hate speech. 

Can I ask what the motivation is?  No offense to anyone, but this site doesn't seem important enough for anybody to make any such effort.

Hate speech is infecting all areas of life. The Internet and the rise of social media has made this all possible. It’s sad when it arises in a group such as ours where most just want to have an entertaining time with like minded people, or at least people who share a common passion or interest or whatever your degree of involvement in the world of providers. 

I thought there was a way to detect if a new username is created from the same IP address - perhaps if there could be a practice where attempts to create new accounts from IP addresses originating from already previously banned accounts are prevented, that might help to reduce the problem. @RadioRob is this possible?

On 7/10/2024 at 2:28 PM, Cooper said:

Gentlemen, Your help is needed. 

The moderators have been  receiving a record number of reports. We have many new members joining us each day. Most join to participate in our discussions but, unfortunately, a few are here just to cause trouble. 

We are doing our best to ban members who join just so they can personally attack others and use racial slurs as a description. This morning I woke up to a verbal and offensive attack on us from a recently banned member. 

The Moderators appreciate members who see these types of posts and report them. Please continue to keep this a safe site where all members can post freely and not be personally attacked for doing so. 

Thanks! 🙏 

Have you considered the option of less regulations and supervision? We are all grown ups and thick skinned.

6 minutes ago, wanderlust307 said:

Have you considered the option of less regulations and supervision? We are all grown ups and thick skinned.

Welcome to the site!

As a new member you haven’t been around long enough to understand the reasons for our Guidelines. They came out of necessity. Just the other day the moderators had to remove a message that contained a provider’s real name and the location of his current job. Protecting one’s personal information can’t be ignored. 

Most members don’t see the violations because as soon as they’re seen or reported the moderators will take the necessary action. 

2 hours ago, Cooper said:

Welcome to the site!

As a new member you haven’t been around long enough to understand the reasons for our Guidelines. They came out of necessity. Just the other day the moderators had to remove a message that contained a provider’s real name and the location of his current job. Protecting one’s personal information can’t be ignored. 

Most members don’t see the violations because as soon as they’re seen or reported the moderators will take the necessary action. 

Thank you, point taken.

5 hours ago, MysticMenace said:

I thought there was a way to detect if a new username is created from the same IP address - perhaps if there could be a practice where attempts to create new accounts from IP addresses originating from already previously banned accounts are prevented, that might help to reduce the problem. @RadioRob is this possible?

IP addresses in the modern day is basically useless as something to block on.  With the existence of VPN and mobile devices, someone can literally switch IP addresses almost on demand.  I have a few other tricks that I use with device ID tracking, but that can be worked around when someone has say for example a laptop, a cell phone, a tablet, and other devices (not to mention having multiple browsers on those devices).  

I block a LOT of bad stuff, but someone who is determined to bypass can almost always find a way.  We've caught several people previously banned try and come back and detect them from how/what they post, etc.  That kind of thing can't unfortunately be automated without also blocking other legitimate users along the way.  

7 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

IP addresses in the modern day is basically useless as something to block on.  With the existence of VPN and mobile devices, someone can literally switch IP addresses almost on demand.  I have a few other tricks that I use with device ID tracking, but that can be worked around when someone has say for example a laptop, a cell phone, a tablet, and other devices (not to mention having multiple browsers on those devices).  

I block a LOT of bad stuff, but someone who is determined to bypass can almost always find a way.  We've caught several people previously banned try and come back and detect them from how/what they post, etc.  That kind of thing can't unfortunately be automated without also blocking other legitimate users along the way.  

Your resolve is canonization-worthy.  I would have thrown up my hands long ago.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:28 AM, Cooper said:

Gentlemen, Your help is needed. 

The moderators have been  receiving a record number of reports. We have many new members joining us each day. Most join to participate in our discussions but, unfortunately, a few are here just to cause trouble. 

We are doing our best to ban members who join just so they can personally attack others and use racial slurs as a description. This morning I woke up to a verbal and offensive attack on us from a recently banned member. 

The Moderators appreciate members who see these types of posts and report them. Please continue to keep this a safe site where all members can post freely and not be personally attacked for doing so. 

Thanks! 🙏 

Thanks for letting us know.    While I'm not here as much as initially,   this is a great site overall.    Most of the contributors are good people and certainly don't need issues with those who don't provide value.      Don't mind reporting those who look like they are just here to create issues.

@Cooper and other moderators - my sincere thanks for all your efforts.  I do absolutely love this site and visit often.  I have made some great personal connections here.

To those who favor less supervision - it really doesn't work.  There used to be a forum for gay muscle lovers, I did forget the name of it.  While it was managed initially,  It became a free for all and quickly disintegrated after.  It is now defunct.  Not a good thing.

• Cooper unpinned this topic