ANOTHER SHOW BIZ LEGEND HAS DIED

Benji Gregory, a child star who played Brian Tanner in the 1980s sitcom “Alf,” has died. He was 46.

According to online records from the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s office in Arizona reviewed by USA TODAY Wednesday, Gregory – whose full name was Benjamin Gregory Hertzberg – died June 13. A cause of death is pending.

His sister, Rebecca, told TMZ – which first broke the news – that she believes Gregory was found deceased in his car in a bank parking lot near Phoenix.

Gregory portrayed Brian on all four seasons of the classic sitcom. Before this breakthrough role, he appeared on episodes of shows such as “The A-Team,” “Punky Brewster” and “The Twilight Zone.”

From WIkipedia:

On June 13, 2024, Gregory and his service dog were found dead inside a car at a Chase Bank parking lot in Peoria, Arizona. Gregory was 46. However, news of his his death was not publicly disclosed until nearly a month later, on July 10, 2024, when the cause of his death was still under investigation. His sister said Gregory had suffered from depression, bipolar disorder and a sleep disorder and said he likely died of a heatstroke after falling asleep in his car.

Alf actor Benji Gregory found dead in ...

He rarely had more than a few lines to speak in each of the ALF episodes. He was an adequate child actor, but his career peaked about age 10. It was all downhill from there.
Is it a bit of hyperbole to call him a "SHOW BIZ LEGEND"? Bozo - a TRUE legend - thinks yes.

BTC

On 7/11/2024 at 7:55 AM, samhexum said:

He was a core member of one of the most iconic casts of all time.  I think that qualifies.

"Of all time?"

I doubt that he is category of  the cast of I Love Lucy 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Not quite.
More on a par with Little Ricky.

BTC

Fair enough.

Daughter Lynn & neighbors Trevor & Raquel (real-life former roommate of Marilyn Monroe) Ochmonek were on par w/ the Mertzes.

Willie, Kate, & ALF were the only ones on a level with Lucy & Desi.

But that goes without saying, of course. 

Marilyn kiss.gif

Edited by samhexum
to ensure maximum delight for the reader!

30 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Fair enough.

Daughter Lynn & neighbors Trevor & Raquel (real-life former roommate of Marilyn Monroe) Ochmonek were on par w/ the Mertzes.

Willie, Kate, & ALF were the only ones on a level with Lucy & Desi.

But that goes without saying, of course. 

Marilyn kiss.gif

"The only ones on par with Lucy and Desi"

Dream on,  my friend 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WilliamM said:

Dream on

Another classic sitcom, starring Brian Benben, from the prehistoric era at HBO.

Edited by samhexum
Because WilliamM expects perfection from me!

5 hours ago, samhexum said:

Fair enough.

.....neighbors Trevor & Raquel..... were on par w/ the Mertzes.

Trevor and Raquel weren't worthy of licking the shoes of Fred and Ethel Mertz.

Bozo's very first sexual fantasy involved a foursome - a naked romp in the hay - with Fred, Ethel, and Mrs. Trumbull.

BTC

5 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Trevor and Raquel weren't worthy of licking the shoes of Fred and Ethel Mertz.

But let's be honest... not even Lucy herself would say she had the comedic chops to rival Lucky, the Tanner family cat.

I'll be an ultimate fish with this click-bait headline. Sam, you're now out-numbered 3 to 1 that neither Brian nor Alf are legendary. I'd put Alf right up there with the syndicated Small Wonder as forgettable, mildly amusing sitcoms. If you read about his post-acting life, he was grateful to move on from the limelight when the show was cancelled. Brian, too.