Selfish Members Who Never Initiate Hiring.

Monarchy79

13 hours ago, nycmassageme said:

@Monarchy79 I totally get where you're coming from. I still like to offer my reviews of the masseurs whose services I've experienced. After all, this forum is only as good as its active members. 

If someone reads one of my reviews and then DMs me for more details, I usually don't respond if:

1. They don't contribute positively to the forum (i.e. provide helpful reviews/suggestions),
  2. The masseur already has lots of positive reviews (dude, how much more encouragement do you need?), or
  3. The only thing they want to know is if the masseur provides extras (that's between the masseur and you).

Or, sometimes life is hectic and I don't have the time or energy... Hence the need for a good massage! 😉

I really like this forum: I've gotten lots of great recommendations from folks, and I like telling others about providers who are good at what they do!

What about if the member is new, polite and just getting active in the forums. Are they ignored?

49 minutes ago, KevinFL said:

What about if the member is new, polite and just getting active in the forums. Are they ignored?

Welcome to the forum! 😁 

An unwritten forum rule decrees that a new member must reach twenty posts and six months of being current in dues before credibility is established.   (jk)

Edited by azdr0710

I envision an enhancement to profile settings coupled with the new review area:

With whom do you want to share reviews?

A) Everyone

B) Reviewers (anyone who has posted at least 5 total reviews)

C) Active Reviewers (anyone who has posted at least 3 reviews for different providers in the most recent 6 months)

The newbies have to muddle through with only reviews from Option A members until they qualify. 🤣

Edited by DFdub
typo

5 hours ago, KevinFL said:

@azdr0710 is joking, but it is funny because his joke has a lot of truth. Be patient, and you will establish yourself with your consistency (or lack of).

Besides, if you have been paying attention you may have already noticed, sometimes being ignored is a blessing.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f4f43xpju0e9ts9xrf

6 hours ago, KevinFL said:

I think knowing the rationale for "why" new member reviews may be ignored, or their "new" status is pointed out, makes it a little easier to swallow. So here's my take.

There seems to be a propensity for providers to come on here and tout themselves with an undiscernible screen name(s).

It's not a bright red flag labeling a new member as disingenuous. It's more like a yellow post-it note of caution.

I certainly encourage all  members to have some diligent patience and keep posting reviews. 6 months/a year from now if someone looks at your profile, and it's active, contributing regularly, or logging in regularly:

1) if someone has interest in the provider, the review will have credence and be helpful;

2) you may come to appreciate that heads up when other members throw that post-it note out on someone's review

Sorta off topic, but sorta not:

When new posters come here, guns blazing and sounding like certain old posters, I'm suspect.

... And so is everyone else.  People have been here long enough to spot bullshit.

However, there are always going to be newbies who ask genuine questions and need some direction.

2 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

And by the way, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ABOUT BUMPS. I think the friend @Monarchy79 did not have breakfast that morning.

Agree…but we’ve seen a “bump”, no replies to the bump for 24 hours (or less!) then another bump…often by the same “bumper” 🤣

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

And by the way, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ABOUT BUMPS. I think the friend @Monarchy79 did not have breakfast that morning.

You’re correct. There’s nothing with bumps. I’ve bumped myself. 

However, when the bumps are excessive, with the same person bumping continuously, this is indicative of someone who needs to just hire the person themselves, instead of waiting for someone else to take the plunge. 

I’ve bumped before, and when there was no response, I simply hired the guy. 

I had a great experience. 

But to sit back, and continuously bump, to wait for the next guy to make that move is socially cowardly and somewhat shady. 

Edited by Monarchy79

19 hours ago, Monarchy79 said:

You’re correct. There’s nothing with bumps. I’ve bumped myself. 

However, when the bumps are excessive, with the same person bumping continuously, this is indicative of someone who needs to just hire the person themselves, instead of waiting for someone else to take the plunge. 

I’ve bumped before, and when there was no response, I simply hired the guy. 

I had a great experience. 

But to sit back, and continuously bump, to wait for the next guy to make that move is socially cowardly and somewhat shady. 

Well, since I am obviously an old curmudgeon , I am not sure what annoys me more: excessive bumping or those that say "PM me for details" but never reply to PMs even if you see them active here on the forum!  I find both annoying but I live with it. 

03b2e356-b994-4b63-870f-dcc8e3c366f4_text.gif.4bb04bd06f2eb6aa9cc3ae22e908d41c.gif