"In love" how long it lasts?

4 hours ago, SD_Exec said:

I've been seeing the same provider for over 3 years now, and we still spend lots, lots of time together, and we say I love you to each other all the time. We have an amazing chemistry. Real love can exist even when you're paying the guy. I am married (no sex with my husband), and I have kids. I'm happy with my long term relationship with the provider. 

I don't like to spoil it, but for your own good stop being delusional. You are paying, you are his customer, you are his repeat business. People in business know how valuable repeat business and steady predictable revenue is. And all he has to do to secure it is to say I love you "all the time".

"In love" lasts until one of you realizes that the other leaves dirty socks on the floor, sings off-key in the shower, or insists that pineapple belongs on pizza. But seriously, that head-over-heels, can't-eat, can't-sleep, butterflies-in-your-stomach phase usually sticks around for a few months to a couple of years. After that, you might find that love has matured into something more like a warm, comfy blanket, still cozy, just less likely to make you forget to eat dinner.

14 hours ago, moonlight said:

this seems like a common delusion here. Take away the cash payments and you'll see how much mutual "real love" there is.

So true.

But people do all kinds of things to delude themselves into believing what makes them happy. Especially when they're NOT happy in their sexless marriage.