Billie Eilish having trouble selling tix for her UK tour

Ali Gator

Add Billie Eilish to the growing list of celebrities having trouble selling tickets to her concerts. The singer has three nights booked for next year at London's O2 Arena, and plenty of great seats have yet to be sold - even though they went on sale two months ago. 

It has opened up debate to a wider issue, which is whether the price of tickets to live music events has become totally out of touch with what fans can afford to pay, especially during a cost of living crisis.

Supporters have spoken out on X with rage regarding the cost, as one said: “I’m glad Billie Eilish can’t sell out or even marginally fill any of her three dates at the O2 arena because the only way we will get cheaper ticket prices is by not buying hugely overpriced tickets.

“£234 being the cheapest ticket is ridiculous.”

Another said: “Baffled at how a standing ticket for Billie Eilish’s tour next year at the O2 is £250.50 for a standing ticket and that’s at face value as well.”

A third added: “This sort of thing is getting absurd.

“Where is it coming from – do concert promoters just assume we have as much disposable income as Americans?

“Or has Taylor [Swift] distorted their perceptions of what people will pay for a live event?”

Taylor definitely set a new precedent for how much concert tickets should cost, after she charged $228 for standing area tickets regardless of if you were in London or Edinburgh.

WWW.UNILAD.COM

Billie Eilish fans are outraged by ticket costs for her tour, after they claim Taylor Swift may have normalised skyrocketing prices.

I never thought she was all that talented, but I think this is about much more than Ms. Eilish’s fan base. The reality is ticket prices have completely lost touch with reality. People can’t (or are choosing not to) afford these ridiculous prices. Lately, I’ve been bypassing big ticket mainstream shows for off-off-Broadway and underground shows in the $25-$100 range. I am much happier, and the honestly the talent on display is much more impressive. YMMV. 

Either way, the market will fix itself.

Viva Capitalism!

• 1 month later...

I checked ticket prices for Luis Miguel in Vegas.  😮  

Would love to see him, but...

No way will I pay to drive over there, pay for a hotel, pay for parking and then pay the huge ticket price and a big fee on top.  Yet the shows are selling.   The demand is there.  

Billie Eilish may need to adjust her pricing expectations.