Outfitting a Guest room

BeamerBikes

I’m finally getting around to putting together a proper guest bedroom.  It’s got an attached bathroom with a shower. It’s definitely overkill at this point.  

What sort of things would be nice for guests?  
- usb charger block with extra AC outlets on the nightstand

- small computer desk/chair with a generic dock for laptops. I might just put an external monitor and speakers, but I will NOT put in a printer.  I know better than that.  

Decent hangers, preferably wood in the closet. Something to put a suitcase on when opened. Good lighting especially for reading in bed (with a book). Some good magazines that you could read in bed. Hooks strategically placed in the bathroom to hang clothes. Maybe a nice bathrobe. Counters in the bathroom for putting toiletries that guests have traveled with. I’m always frustrated when the only place to put your stuff is on the top of the toilet. Decent towels and a place to put them when they are wet. 

• Def super comfy mattress
  • Luxe all-cotton linens (not flannel)
  • Choices of pillows including memory foam (my fav) 2 pillows per guest; plus body pillow (life changing)
  • Ceiling fan or tabletop / stand fan (many ppl cannot sleep without fan)
  • Night light for midnight potty trips
  • Depending on the guests, lube + other accessories (singles) in the nightstand drawer
  • Leave a recent favorite book (or books) on the nightstand
  • Chocolates on pillows is classic
  • Anything that makes the room smell nice (not cheap)

I would ditch the chocolates. I never eat other than at my 3 mealtimes per day. Eating anything just before bedtime would turn me off. Bottled water though would be fine, or a glass to drink tap water from. 

22 minutes ago, BeamerBikes said:

That’s what the basement will eventually be for.  :) 

My wife and I still have the hooks in the basement ceiling.  Certain friends have recognized their ( now unused ) purpose and have a good laugh.  I had heavy-duty bolts put directly into the joists of the ceiling. Would be difficult to have them removed, so they are still there. The room is now a home gym and I just tell the kids it was originally for exercise equipment we no longer use.

8 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I had heavy-duty bolts put directly into the joists of the ceiling. Would be difficult to have them removed, so they are still there. The room is now a home gym 

Actually I was thinking I could repurpose the pull up bar in my home gym setup for one side of the connection points.   Exercise equipment indeed! 

Male guests get the pull-out sofa (I don't have a guest room).  Female guests get my room and I take the sofa.  I guess I'm old fashioned like that.  Fresh sheets and pillow cases for either.  And a set of earplugs because I apparently snore.  I really up my game by having an extra roll of toilet paper on the back of the toilet, and I might even make coffee.  I'm essentially the Ritz.

Our guest room has a small outfitted closet with nice quality matching hangers, a desk with large mirror. Chargers for phones, various types of pillows, and high quality towels. We also have a drawer filled with toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, shampoos, body wash and wet wipes. Basically everything you'd find at a hotel with the exception of the ironing board and coffee pot.

On 7/22/2024 at 6:10 AM, pubic_assistance said:

Our guest room has a small outfitted closet with nice quality matching hangers, a desk with large mirror. Chargers for phones, various types of pillows, and high quality towels. We also have a drawer filled with toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, shampoos, body wash and wet wipes. Basically everything you'd find at a hotel with the exception of the ironing board and coffee pot.

How much do you charge? :)

• 2 weeks later...