Anybody else finding Grindr aggravating as hell?

dutchal

44 minutes ago, dutchal said:

Ads that can't be escaped except by closing out, ads all over the place, profiles cut off to one line, chats disappearing, unable to click on thumbnails to connect to the profiles, never ending hits from Asian guys trying to sell you crypto, and all sorts of other problems?

I have found much better success using Growlr (I have a "Bear" body type), but keep using Grindr despite the annoying advertisements and robot scams from Oriental Asian profiles.  I probably find 1 out of 10 of my hookups from Grindr, vs 5 from Growlr, 3 from bars/pools/social gatherings, and 1 out of 10 from hiring.

My use of Grindr when I am at home is limited, and the ads usually do not bother me. But when I am traveling I do use it more intensely. I pay the premium, full version for 30 to 90 days and it works great.

2 hours ago, dutchal said:

How do you sort through the 90% straight crowds on those two platforms?

I am Sniffles virgin, but IDK what you are talking about if you are referring to Grindr.

40 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

My use of Grindr when I am at home is limited, and the ads usually do not bother me. But when I am traveling I do use it more intensely. I pay the premium, full version for 30 to 90 days and it works great.

I am Sniffles virgin, but IDK what you are talking about if you are referring to Grindr.

I was referring to IG and Tiktok.

On 7/25/2024 at 2:06 AM, wanderlust307 said:

I open grindr but I mostly use instagram and lately tiktok. A different younger crowd.

How do you use IG and TikTok to approach gay guys? 

1 hour ago, Aedo said:

How do you use IG and TikTok to approach gay guys? 

Start by adding the insta profile of a hottie you know. Then insta will come up with recommendations "people you may know" ie his friends... You add the hot ones and then you get more recommendations... Same for TikTok.

2 hours ago, wanderlust307 said:

Start by adding the insta profile of a hottie you know. Then insta will come up with recommendations "people you may know" ie his friends... You add the hot ones and then you get more recommendations... Same for TikTok.

That is just following guys. Any creep can do that.

The question is how you approach them, as you said you use IG and TikTok to hook up with hotties.

On 7/24/2024 at 1:11 PM, dutchal said:

Ads that can't be escaped except by closing out, ads all over the place, profiles cut off to one line, chats disappearing, unable to click on thumbnails to connect to the profiles, never ending hits from Asian guys trying to sell you crypto, and all sorts of other problems?

Since day one, reason why I've never bothered with it.

3 hours ago, wanderlust307 said:

But what's the alternative?

Scruff works for me.  I've tried to stay with Grindr because it's the first one I used, but OP stated it perfectly.  And, their upgrades are expensive.