Anybody else finding Grindr aggravating as hell?

dutchal

On 7/30/2024 at 8:24 AM, wanderlust307 said:

On 7/30/2024 at 8:24 AM, wanderlust307 said:

Old fashion as in clubs and parks and bars, YES!

I know that it is mostly the nostalgic memory of being younger and hot (I used to be both, lol), but how cool was to cruise in a bar where plenty of men where there in flesh and bones, and some would exchange eye contact and desire you, or in some cool park at night (I will never forget the Park by the Hilton Hotel overlooking the ocean during warm summer nights in Tel Aviv!) that feeling of spotting a hot guy, noticing that he spotted you too, and following him in the bushes...!

When I discovered Grindr (perhaps 12/13 years ago?) it was quite fascinating to realize that you could cruise with a cellphone knowing there were (potential..) hot guys near you, but as everything that has to do with social apps and websites, everything has become so virtual, impersonal and most of the time fake...

Edited by Italiano

On 7/24/2024 at 11:06 PM, wanderlust307 said:

I open grindr but I mostly use instagram and lately tiktok. A different younger crowd.

How can you meet someone from tiktok?  

The site is monitored heavily.

I asked the same question in a previous post about meeting from tiktok but I never got an answer. 

Edited by coriolis888
spelling

3 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

This whole thread should be retitled 'Why We Need To Continue To Support Bathhouses'

They exist and are sadly dying off because of an oddly prudish new generation.

I do not think their issue is being prudish. Do you read Italian or Spanish? Sorry, unfortunately the book is not yet translated to English. Although the author leaves a lot of questions unanswered, it is an interesting read.

28 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

How can you meet someone from tiktok?  

The site is monitored heavily.

I asked the same question in a previous post about meeting from tiktok but I never got an answer. 

I send a message. If he accepts it we chat and eventually arrange to meet. Some did not accept the first message, others after the first few messages showed no interest. It doesn't work for all.

I've been using TikTok for about a month. I am now chatting with 4-5 people. I've met one, I will meet a second one and I am still chatting with the other two.

Edited by wanderlust307

2 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

I do not think their issue is being prudish. Do you read Italian or Spanish? Sorry, unfortunately the book is not yet translated to English. Although the author leaves a lot of questions unanswered, it is an interesting read.

Can you share the name of the book you refer to in your post sited above?  Thanks 

9 hours ago, José Soplanucas said:

Spanish, yes. 

I've added it to my cart. 

The description does sound interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...

I re-downloaded Grindr a few days ago and had to delete it again because it is now making sounds on its own even while my phone is locked (and my settings are to not receive notifications).  When my phone is making the refresh sound and a new grunt sound at random times even hours after closing the app (and there was no possible notification it could have been), something has to be wrong with the app.