Sudden Influx of Asian Masseurs - NYC

I want to ask that as respectfully as possible.

Over the last few weeks, there has been (as far as I can tell) a dramatic increase in the number of Asian (mostly Chinese) masseurs on rentmasseur, with a bit of spillover onto RentMen.

Some samples:

RENTMASSEUR.COM

View my profile on RentMasseur.com
RENTMASSEUR.COM

RENTMASSEUR.COM

Normally, that would be awesome for me and would empty my bank account quickly, but -- it all seems a little peculiar to me.

Am I alone in having noticed this? Has anyone had experiences -- good or otherwise -- with any of these gentlemen? For me, I will initiate a contact but some language barrier issues quickly arise and the conversation just remains suspended in mid-air.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, NipLuvr212 said:

Am I alone in having noticed this?

It's an old story! Although you might get a somewhat decent massage from any of those ads, don't expect the guy in the photos to show up. And be prepared for upsells and other financial hanky-panky.

Try searching the Spas & Masseurs forum for the keyword "syndicate" for lots of details and experiences. 

17 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

don't expect the guy in the photos to show up

It's a very frustrating reality. I don't do twinks, but I have had excellent massages from Asian providers. I fell in love with one guy once because his touch and HE was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Pure sensual bliss. There are a few guys on RMasseur that are "known." It does appear that most others are using fake photos, and the ads are being written for them. During the creation of my private gallery, one guy contacted me because I had looked at his private photos. My gut was telling me his photos and words were fake, so I asked if he could prove that he was the guy in the photos. He wrote back with some mumble-jumbo that had nothing to do with my question. I never heard from him again. Writing to them and getting a reply can usually reveal a lot. Just don't expect the truth.

Following up on my initial post here...

My experiences (or actually LACK of experiences, haha) over the past few days validates my suspicion that all is not right here.

I have contacted a few of these guys and either here nothing at all, have a very brief exchange that just stops, or promises to contact me which go nowhere.

If anyone has had a more successful attempt than I have, please let me know!

Thanks....

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this thread another follow up...

So I'll wait until I'm back in Bangkok to meet up with an Asian guy -- there are zillions of young Asian men advertising on both RMs, but trying to meet up with one of them is a waste of time. I'd list their names, but it's easier just to say "all of them"

Most of them read but never respond to an inquiry

One who did respond to my asking about rates and location did so with the helpful "What time?" response

Why do these guys post? (Or is it something I said, haha?)

I, too, favor Asian "cuisine."  I'm mentioning this only because a younger person may not be aware of the connotation as it appears in your forum ID:

Nip - Wikipedia

Nip is an ethnic slur against people of Japanese descent and origin. The word Nip is an abbreviation from Nippon (日本), the Japanese name for Japan. See more

Feb 13, 2004  Calling an Asian a “nip” is like calling him a “chink” or a “gook”. It's just as

(dated, slang, offensive, ethnic slur) Japanese. Anagrams. edit · PIN, NPI, INP, pin ...

image.jpeg

Edited by sync

16 hours ago, sync said:

I, too, favor Asian "cuisine."  I'm mentioning this only because a younger person may not be aware of the connotation as it appears in your forum ID:

Nip - Wikipedia

Nip is an ethnic slur against people of Japanese descent and origin. The word Nip is an abbreviation from Nippon (日本), the Japanese name for Japan. See more

Feb 13, 2004  Calling an Asian a “nip” is like calling him a “chink” or a “gook”. It's just as

(dated, slang, offensive, ethnic slur) Japanese. Anagrams. edit · PIN, NPI, INP, pin ...

image.jpeg

Point well taken.

The nip is actually a reference to nipples. I was sadly oblivious to how offensive it could be.... perhaps I should have doubled the p?

There has been an influx of young Asian masseurs on the RI and MA sites, too. They say they are located in RI / MA but now I'm guessing they're really in NY. Like others, I've tried reaching out to them but they don't answer questions like 'where are you located' and 'what is your rate' ?  They respond to every question with 'Free time now'. Pass. 

2 minutes ago, Ali Gator said:

There has been an influx of young Asian masseurs on the RI and MA sites, too. They say they are located in RI / MA but now I'm guessing they're really in NY. Like others, I've tried reaching out to them but they don't answer questions like 'where are you located' and 'what is your rate' ?  They respond to every question with 'Free time now'. Pass. 

My exact experience as well -- some are cuter than others, some have more carefully worded profiles, but, uniformly they are NOT legit here. (By the way, I do eagerly hope to be proven wrong.)

And.... I'm not going to spend intimate time and part with my intimate dollars with someone who does not even communicate with me, cute or not.

The moniker Murray Hill Gang is already taken, so I'm trying to come up with. another shorthand expression to explain this development: the Mott Street Motleys, perhaps? The Canal Street Clique??

We have a few new 'asian boys' added to RM in the last few weeks here in Atlanta.  I gave one a try and his location was at a fairly legit Asian massage establishment.  Upsell began after about 30 mins, but the massage was actually quite therapeutic and he went the entire agreed upon 90 mins.  I would probably repeat.

On 8/24/2024 at 6:46 AM, NipLuvr212 said:

Point well taken.

The nip is actually a reference to nipples. I was sadly oblivious to how offensive it could be.... perhaps I should have doubled the p?

There's absolutely NO reason to feel guilty or apologize. There's no way that your handle/name could be offensive on a site like this.  In gay-speak, a "nip lover" is always someone who is into nipple play of some type. 

In my opinion, there was also no reason for @sync to bring this up after he merely saw your handle. If he was really seeking to impart knowledge, there were other ways to do it. 

Edited by Marc in Calif

6 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

There's absolutely NO reason to feel guilty or apologize. There's no way that your handle/name could be offensive on a site like this.  In gay-speak, a "nip lover" is always someone who is into nipple play of some type. 

In my opinion, there was also no reason for @sync to bring this up after he merely saw your handle. If he was really seeking to impart knowledge, there were other ways to do it. 

Your view is understandable, but shortsighted.  

The original poster is, as I am, drawn to Asian men.  While "nip lover" may have a different connotation for many "on a site like this," a Japanese provider may understandably perceive it differently.

The response I received from the original poster assured me that my caution was understood perfectly, which was/is my only concern.

5 hours ago, sync said:

Your view is understandable, but shortsighted.  

The original poster is, as I am, drawn to Asian men.  While "nip lover" may have a different connotation for many "on a site like this," a Japanese provider may understandably perceive it differently.

The response I received from the original poster assured me that my caution was understood perfectly, which was/is my only concern.

I agree with Marc in Calif. 

No one on  an anonymous gay website should correct people's language or help educate them.  

It's no one's business how it was intended. Yes, someone may be offended by the word, but there's always PLENTY to be offended by on this site! And that's part of what makes it great!!!

6 hours ago, sync said:

... a Japanese provider may understandably perceive it differently.

Then let that "Japanese provider" speak up about why the personal handle NipLuvr offends him. If the provider is offended, he'll tell us why. 

And then let the provider ask you if you're a "sync" that he can pee in. You know, just like the old Toilet bar in New York City. 😘

Edited by Marc in Calif

36 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Then let that "Japanese provider" speak up about why the personal handle NipLuvr offends him. If the provider is offended, he'll tell us why. 

And then let the provider ask you if you're a "sync" that he can pee in. You know, just like the old Toilet bar in New York City. 😘

Pretty much as expected.  Classy!   Not!  😏

7 minutes ago, sync said:

Pretty much as expected.  Classy!   Not! 

Just as it's "not classy" to call out other members in public for an offense that only you see -- and for making them feel bad for doing nothing wrong.

Edited by Marc in Calif

5 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Just as it's "not classy" to call out other members in public for an offense that only you see -- and for making them feel bad for doing nothing wrong.

image.png.a5671d69dd5396e985dc81ec38c577a9.png

2 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Now we know what you've been sipping as you cast aspersions on others. 😇

Missed the point again, surprise, surprise.

This has been an "interesting" ride, but I must now be getting back to reality.

Get well soon.  👋

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:
10 hours ago, sync said:

Gentlemen, gentlemen... a word from me, please! This is a situation where everyone is right and no one is wrong (and no one is, hopefully, wronged).

As the person with the questionable (to some) name here, it had never occurred to me that my choice of moniker might ever have negative connotations, and I appreciate it being brought to my attention. It helped me realize that sometimes our choices, no matter how innocent, may be mis-perceived. 

On the other hand, yes, I did feel badly, it is true -- but this was a "teachable moment" for me. 

Now< back to appreciating asian men who actually are who they claim to be, do what they claim to do, honor sensitive nipples, and respond to inquiries.

3 hours ago, NipLuvr212 said:

Gentlemen, gentlemen... a word from me, please! This is a situation where everyone is right and no one is wrong (and no one is, hopefully, wronged).

As the person with the questionable (to some) name here, it had never occurred to me that my choice of moniker might ever have negative connotations, and I appreciate it being brought to my attention. It helped me realize that sometimes our choices, no matter how innocent, may be mis-perceived. 

On the other hand, yes, I did feel badly, it is true -- but this was a "teachable moment" for me. 

Now< back to appreciating asian men who actually are who they claim to be, do what they claim to do, honor sensitive nipples, and respond to inquiries.

Please, please, please do not assume any responsibility for your thread having been hijacked and mutated into a petty squable.

Don't take it to heart.  As you have probably already noticed, while there is an occassional flare-up these fora are far more often informative, thought-provocing, and entertaining than combative.

Thank you for your understanding.  It's a comfort to know there is an adult in the room.  🙂