The new stock bar

Tales of Montreal's renaissance are greatly exaggerated.   I was at Stock last weekend too and I could take the "ladies" in the audience if there were some dancers on stage at 9 pm on a Thursday --- a single dancer literally.   There are long lags between dancers unlike in the good old days when it was non-stop....and the quality of dancers doesn't come even close to when Stock was at its prime.  I can see hotter guys at my local gym -- and no airfare required.

omg.  That pic is so depressing it’s barely believable. When I think of the hot times I used to have in that club.  Meanwhile Campus can still be fun, but on a visit just before the new management took over, there was a table of loud-ass women who dared their birthday girl to get onstage herself. So she did. There she was: drunk, shoeless, braying, champagne bottle in hand, gown sliding off her shoulders, mascara smeared. Where was management to rid of us this interloper? Eventually the real dancers started up again but the damage to my memory of the hot gay history of Campus was done. Sacrilege.  Recent visits have been better but I’ll risk being a called a passé curmudgeon here, and say that the male-only era was preferable. 

Edited by BALCONY

14 hours ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

Gay pride 2024 at the new stock bar.   Not a male customer in sight 

IMG_5413.jpeg

I’m not a huge fan of Stock and don’t attend often but this post is fake news. First of all, gay pride week in Montreal has not yet occurred. Second, there were far more male customers last night (Sat) than women. The booths are far more private and comfortable than the other venue options.

I had originally paid entry to Campus but too crowded to comfortably cross from one area to another. Consistently jostled, primarily by groups of males that like to stand in cliques and refuse to move closer to the perimeter to enable passage. So I left to order a drink at Stock instead.

Sure, Campus has more dancers but if you think of the two as a combo mere steps from each other you are likely to find what you want. Last night, that find happened to be at Stock, where I also got the skinny on the Barcelona strip concept from a hot Caribbean chap guest dancing over here. 

Campus is evolving to a place where I obtain phone numbers for dancer hookups at home, fellows that don’t want to use ad sites and can vet clientele in person.

Edited by SirBillybob

25 minutes ago, handiacefailure said:

I don't understand why they don't ban females.   Would get in more gay guys, be a lot better tips for the dancers that way, and a lot more money for the owner in sales.

That’s right, you don’t, and they have thought it through and don’t require advice. But nothing to stop you from grousing on their X feeds. 

Edited by SirBillybob

3 hours ago, handiacefailure said:

I don't understand why they don't ban females.   Would get in more gay guys, be a lot better tips for the dancers that way, and a lot more money for the owner in sales.

At the very least they should charge females a cover charge (or a higher one) the way straight clubs charge men and they should have a cap on how many can be in at any time.

Edited by ReynST

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

I’m not a huge fan of Stock and don’t attend often but this post is fake news. First of all, gay pride week in Montreal has not yet occurred. Second, there were far more male customers last night (Sat) than women. The booths are far more private and comfortable than the other venue options.

I had originally paid entry to Campus but too crowded to comfortably cross from one area to another. Consistently jostled, primarily by groups of males that like to stand in cliques and refuse to move closer to the perimeter to enable passage. So I left to order a drink at Stock instead.

Sure, Campus has more dancers but if you think of the two as a combo mere steps from each other you are likely to find what you want. Last night, that find happened to be at Stock, where I also got the skinny on the Barcelona strip concept from a hot Caribbean chap guest dancing over here. 

Campus is evolving to a place where I obtain phone numbers for dancer hookups at home, fellows that don’t want to use ad sites and can vet clientele in person.

Fake news? Ironic..considering the pic I’m attaching here. “August 1-11th Gay Pride 2024”.   And you can stomp your feet in protest if you want but the pics don’t lie.   Neither do I.  

IMG_5418.jpeg

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

2 hours ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

Fake news? Ironic..considering the pic I’m attaching here. “August 1-11th Gay Pride 2024”.   And you can stomp your feet in protest if you want but the pics don’t lie.   Neither do I.  

Gay Pride, and a parade if there is one, culminates in a weekend … next weekend. Why should a club accommodate anyone’s arbitrary expectations according to specific dates anyway? Naturally, however, a commercial establishment’s marketing around key seasonal events is designed to upregulate interest. 

Irony: the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite. Example, somebody regularly attending Gay Pride lacking awareness of its typical 10-day structure. Or my single lifetime weekend visit to Atlanta this year qualifying a blanket impression about that scene that shouldn’t be taken with a grain of salt; of course it doesn’t, and I had the worst time ever, hookups so very inhospitable. 😉

The number of male customers in a photo that represents a few square feet in a large complex appears to be nil, that is so in this isolated case. As I said, it does and did not represent the ratio of men and women across the entire weekend’s evening span. 

Fake can be manipulation and reaching for influencer status exceeding grasp, with selective bias, not necessarily outright mendacity. Obviously, a photo such as the one posted is what the lens captured and is not doctored. It does not make it the penultimate receipt to defend a claim of steady female encroachment, Bridezilla theme notwithstanding. I similarly witnessed a gaggle of females there with flower wreaths in their hair this weekend. It was not problematic and my inclination to adjust my panties behind the curtain far exceeded that of getting them in a knot. Nor did a measured assessment of the scene lead to their ignition. 

The next time that you are in Stock or Campus I suggest hearing from the staff’s point of view the policy on taking photos in a strip club. You can always stomp your feet and assert it is your prerogative. That should go over well. 

Edited by SirBillybob

38 minutes ago, handiacefailure said:

If they legally have to allow women in, then how do Windsor male strip bars for women get away with only women and banning male customers?   Seems like a double standard 

Your question relates to the existence, application, enforcement, or breach of regulations that is irrelevant to the discussion about Montreal strip clubs because the venues’ acceptance of all genders is of their own volition and the venues do not pander or capitulate to the handful of objectors to ‘all walks of life’ inclusiveness. A double standard must contain a contradiction, like one party has the privilege of gaslighting the other but not vice versa.

Edited by SirBillybob

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

Gay Pride, and a parade if there is one, culminates in a weekend … next weekend. Why should a club accommodate anyone’s arbitrary expectations according to specific dates anyway? Naturally, however, a commercial establishment’s marketing around key seasonal events is designed to upregulate interest. 

Irony: the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite. Example, somebody regularly attending Gay Pride lacking awareness of its typical 10-day structure. Or my single lifetime weekend visit to Atlanta this year qualifying a blanket impression about that scene that shouldn’t be taken with a grain of salt; of course it doesn’t, and I had the worst time ever, hookups so very inhospitable. 😉

The number of male customers in a photo that represents a few square feet in a large complex appears to be nil, that is so in this isolated case. As I said, it does and did not represent the ratio of men and women across the entire weekend’s evening span. 

Fake can be manipulation and reaching for influencer status exceeding grasp, with selective bias, not necessarily outright mendacity. Obviously, a photo such as the one posted is what the lens captured and is not doctored. It does not make it the penultimate receipt to defend a claim of steady female encroachment, Bridezilla theme notwithstanding. I similarly witnessed a gaggle of females there with flower wreaths in their hair this weekend. It was not problematic and my inclination to adjust my panties behind the curtain far exceeded that of getting them in a knot. Nor did a measured assessment of the scene lead to their ignition. 

The next time that you are in Stock or Campus I suggest hearing from the staff’s point of view the policy on taking photos in a strip club. You can always stomp your feet and assert it is your prerogative. That should go over well. 

*yawn - your boring novel doesn’t change facts.  If you’ve been in the bar you know…dominated by women, . Stock has less than 10 dancers last weekend   A direct reflection on their female customer base  guys don’t want to dance when there is no money  

Pride in the Village

• August 1st to August 11th, 2024 – Each year Montreal’s gay neighbourhood, the Gay Village hosts a week long series of street parties and events. The gay bars located in the Village bring some of the world’s top drag performers, djs and artists to the city. Most of the events are held along Sainte-Catherine Street in the Village.

WWW.GAYTRAVEL4U.COM

Montreal Gay Pride 2024 know as Défilé de la fierté gai in French began in 1979. Their pride month takes place in August

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

Posted (edited)

More on Montreal pride dates… again, it started August 1st…. Your skill as an educated and articulate writer (although also having an occasional propensity to bloviate) doesn’t change that.  

FIERTEMONTREAL.COM

Browse the 2024 Fierté Montréal Festival programming.

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

On 8/6/2024 at 4:10 AM, Atlanta_Guy said:

Non-resident drops into town a week before Gay Pride weekend and all of a sudden has supreme expertise regarding the customer and earner representation that consistently manifests. Obnoxious tinged with whining misogyny is never boring but leaves a yawning hole on the board where accuracy might otherwise exist. 

Edited by SirBillybob
Oops platform gremlins; it’s my text

So I live a few blocks from Atetekan and Ste-Catherine and had a week’s break from the cottage, primarily for commitments and Olympics viewing. The zenith of Pride Weekend today was fun, cooperative weather, although some may know torrential rains almost shut down the city Friday along with power outages.

l had occasion to attend Bar Stock and Bar Campus frequently. They were both worth it. I saw no evidence of any female customer example reflected similar to an earlier illustrative intent by another poster. I value inclusivity but also note the diversity in people types that makes life interesting. I had taken that entry as an inflammatory dig to body shame somebody that had dropped in to the club to enjoy a drink and socializing. There were many seats over the substantial space occupied by patrons where the customer might not have stood out as much.

Random or bitchy photo choice? You be the judge. Visual hyperbole for the sake of showing off is tiresomely manipulative.

I might add that the same poster also inserted slick illustrative representations of the club he seemed out to malign. He had also provided a photograph populated by men having a good time viewing a cute dancer. In a situation like this I typically say “Pick a lane.” A picture says a thousands words and inserting an array of contradictory photo takes is simply absurd and time-wasting. 

All strip clubs have their ups and downs. I don’t favour any one in particular so my summation is that the potential to enjoy your time in Campus or Stock is certainly there.

It takes a village in The Village. If this topic had not been initiated the opportunity for a balanced and objective overview might not have occurred. So all are welcome. If a club visit makes you unhappy and you want to Yelp about it that’s OK too. The city has a lot of lucrative tourism going. One frustrated private dance seeker doesn’t make or break the scene.

The dancers prefer local men and women over from-away drop-ins for repeat event earning reasons, understandably, but will be hospitable to anybody that knows how to behave and keep trash talk from spouting from their pie-holes (here we call it poutine-holes). 

I had an off-putting run-in with an unwell person in an otherwise empty MARTA station this Spring of an early dawn while minding my own business with suitcase ready to hop on a train to the airport. One unwell person does not represent the whole.

Edited by SirBillybob

On 8/6/2024 at 11:45 AM, Atlanta_Guy said:

Your skill as an educated and articulate writer (although also having an occasional propensity to bloviate) doesn’t change that.  

Why thanks 😊 but could you provide a Thesaurus for translation by any chance? What it might not clarify given your little side word salad, however, is that propensity by definition is static. The qualifier works semantically, for example courtesy of one of your photo subjects whose privacy was rudely invaded, if I were to say you have an occasional capacity to make a bit of sense. 😘

Edited by SirBillybob

Posted (edited)

I really don’t want to continue but some of the accusations and shade from a poster above, written like a Philadelphia lawyer who is getting paid by the syllable, needs some light to breakthrough the said shade and accusations.  So I will accept the burden.  I’m also going to try to set an example of how to write in a succinct and organized manner…. Hopefully the rambling and verbose poster will either cease with his don Quixote crusade or at least write with less bloviating.   

1. When you are a customer in a male strip club… in particular a gay strip club you (whether you be Male or female) shouldn’t wear clothes with your tits hanging out.  Especially if you are obese.  If posting a picture of an obese individual… sitting at the main stage with their big tits hanging out offends the poster’s sensibilities…. I would advise them to get a tissue and go see a therapist.
  2. there is no contradiction in the three images I posted.  The two images of the stage  showed women at the stage.  No men.  I did not take any photos in the bar.  They were sent to me by someone who subscribes to the live feed.
  3. Stock bar had less than 10 dancers for the main gay pride weekend.  My understanding is it was 6 or 7 dancers.  They could not run a continuous stage and only about 1 out of every 3 songs had a dancer on stage.  From the early 2000s to 2019 they had 40-50 dancers on Pride weekend…. EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  That is a truth.  
  4. So the poster who tried to say it was nothing but rainbows and butterflies is either lying to himself or has amnesia about the pre-Covid montreal strip bar scene and its environment.  
  5. ‘I am happy to understand Campus on the other hand had a really good lineup.  
  6. Although I am an “American” and an ‘irregular’ visitor I have no problems connecting with dancers at either bar.  There are always a few boys that are VERY happy to see me.   Although my in hotel visits are now limited to “former” stock dancers who I see whenever I go to montreal and whatever campus boys that I like who make the suggestion that we could have more “fun” in my hotel room.  I will  not share further details on the in bar or out of bar activities because they are too explicit for this forum.

Edited by Atlanta_Guy