I’ve not been to Tanzania for a Safari but have visited two private game reserves in South Africa and Botswana – further south.

I’ve visit MalaMala private game reserve in South Africa.  It’s sandwiched between Kruger National Park and the Sabi Sand Nature Reserve.  They have several different camps to choose.  I stayed a Rattray’s Camp which provided bungalows.  The other two camp’s that are luxury tents. https://malamala.com

I also visited Mashatu Game Reserve in Botswana. They also offer different camp options from lodges to tents.  Again, I choose the lodge. https://mashatu.com

Both operators are top notch in terms of service and food.  You wake up very early in the morning with a quick breakfast and out in the wilderness before dawn to see the morning wildlife wakeup.  You return to the lodge around 10:30am for a large breakfast/brunch feast, time for a nap or the afternoon by the pool.  You go back out to the wilderness in the afternoon, have happy hour before sunset and sometime star gazing at the southern cross then back to the lodge for a dinner.  Every day you see something different.  The wildlife is most active in early morning and evening hours.

Remember it is winter in the south hemisphere.  It’s cold in the morning but warms up nice in the midday.  You definitely will need layers of clothes.  They recommend safari clothes in green and khaki colors so not to stand out.  No bright colors when you go to the wilderness. Both operators provided hot bottles and blankets in the morning for the open jeep transportation into the bush country. Don’t worry about under packing.  Your facility will do laundry for you with same day delivery back to your tent/lodge.

It's an awesome experience! Hope you enjoy yourself!

14 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I've visited Jburg, Cairo, Lagos, Casablanca, Cape Town and the larger cities in Africa, but this will be my venture East.

Will be doing a multi-camp situation for 12+ days with https://www.elewanacollection.com/

Anyone who's been already have any travel tips?

I wish I had done this twenty five years ago when I was 50. My brother and his wife did and enjoyed it immensely. I was more into winters in Florida. Oh well I enjoyed those too. 
Enjoy your trip and tell us about it when you get back. 

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, BiGuyNola said:

Is this the best season to go? Fall and Winter? Stunning!

Sept to early Nov is a shoulder season (before the rains), away from prime time when families are there in June-Aug.

It's also a lot cooler.  80F highs and 55F lows.  Perfect for animal drives and being outside.

I just switched camps and am currently in Masai Mara.  Very different topography, but it's been an absolute blast.

51 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Sept to early Nov is a shoulder season (before the rains), away from prime time when families are there in June-Aug.

It's also a lot cooler.  80F highs and 55F lows.  Perfect for animal drives and being outside.

I just switched camps and am currently in Masai Mara.  Very different topography, but it's been an absolute blast.

Thank you! You're very lucky to be there, enjoy to the max.