I was blocked 6 years ago. Am I still?

I was in a personally rare situation over the last week (but of course doesn't dawn on me until I'm back home) that I could've hired a masseur to come to where I was staying, which really opens up my possibilities tremendously, as many providers are "mobile only". Because I was in a gated complex, I wrongfully assumed I was unable to have a visitor in a home I didn't live in.

There's a guy who I got into a heated text argument with who blocked me back in 2018 whom I saw two prior times. His number is the same today, as is mine. Once blocked, always blocked, or do blocks only last for a certain period of time? Does it vary from carrier to carrier, or when a phone plan renews, do you have to re-block those you had blocked previously?

I'm guessing if I got no response (hypothetically), that the block from him is eternal, but a lot can change in six years, and with me it has. I know his likes from his former adult social media sites, and feel like the newer me would be to his liking. 

41 minutes ago, viewing ownly said:

I was in a personally rare situation over the last week (but of course doesn't dawn on me until I'm back home) that I could've hired a masseur to come to where I was staying, which really opens up my possibilities tremendously, as many providers are "mobile only". Because I was in a gated complex, I wrongfully assumed I was unable to have a visitor in a home I didn't live in.

There's a guy who I got into a heated text argument with who blocked me back in 2018 whom I saw two prior times. His number is the same today, as is mine. Once blocked, always blocked, or do blocks only last for a certain period of time? Does it vary from carrier to carrier, or when a phone plan renews, do you have to re-block those you had blocked previously?

I'm guessing if I got no response (hypothetically), that the block from him is eternal, but a lot can change in six years, and with me it has. I know his likes from his former adult social media sites, and feel like the newer me would be to his liking. 

Move on!

7 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

Regardless, if he blocked you, leave him alone. As of 2024, there are 4,103,612,213 males in the world. You can skip that one.

Edited by soloyo215

8 minutes ago, poolboy48220 said:

Having never blocked anyone on my phone, or been blocked (as far as I know) - how does that work?  If you text someone who's blocked you, do you get a reply saying "This person has blocked you"? Or do you just assume from the lack of a response that you're blocked? 

There's a "block number" option in your phone list of contacts or in your call history, There's no message telling you that you have been blocked.

14 minutes ago, soloyo215 said:

There's a "block number" option in your phone list of contacts or in your call history, There's no message telling you that you have been blocked.

so how do you know you've been blocked, rather than your texts just being ignored?  Not that it matters, in the long run.

On 8/27/2024 at 8:15 PM, viewing ownly said:

There's a guy who I got into a heated text argument with who blocked me back in 2018 whom I saw two prior times. His number is the same today, as is mine. 

May I ask...

Did you wrongfully assume not able to book an incall because it was a gated community or because it wasn't your home, or a combination of the two?

What changed your mind about being able to hire there  at a gated community?

Sounds like an incall at that particular location was a missed opportunity to reconnect with him.   If that's true,  does it matter whether he blocked you?

23 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

so how do you know you've been blocked, rather than your texts just being ignored?  Not that it matters, in the long run.

More likely than not you don't know. That's kind of the point of blocking you, letting you go and you figure it out.

It can become a sensitive topic. Some people do not handle rejection too well, and in some instances it can escalate into violence and stalking. A psycho who gets a message of being blocked might react violently and might cause harm to the person who blocked.

Edited by soloyo215