"Reagan"

Vegas_Millennial

I watched "Reagan" last night at the cinema.  Having grown up near the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, and therefore visited it several times, I already knew a great deal about Ronald Reagan.  This film did little to introduce anything new to me.  The production, acting, and story telling felt very "B movie" or "meant for TV movie" with a strong "Reagan can do no wrong" narrative.  The saving grace was a chance to re-live the 1970s and 1980s nostalgia, which reminded me so much of my early childhood in California.  The movie was a good reminder of the importance to stand up to international threats to Freedom before they become domestic threats.  My verdict:  Skip the movie and just spend the day at the Reagan Presidential Library.  Despite one's political affiliation, one can be broad-minded enough to find the library fascinating if for no other reason than to step inside a life-size replica of the Oval Office or to walk through a retired Air Force One.

14 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

I watched "Reagan" last night at the cinema.  Having grown up near the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, and therefore visited it several times, I already knew a great deal about Ronald Reagan.  This film did little to introduce anything new to me.  The production, acting, and story telling felt very "B movie" or "meant for TV movie" with a strong "Reagan can do no wrong" narrative.  The saving grace was a chance to re-live the 1970s and 1980s nostalgia, which reminded me so much of my early childhood in California.  The movie was a good reminder of the importance to stand up to international threats to Freedom before they become domestic threats.  My verdict:  Skip the movie and just spend the day at the Reagan Presidential Library.  Despite one's political affiliation, one can be broad-minded enough to find the library fascinating if for no other reason than to step inside a life-size replica of the Oval Office or to walk through a retired Air Force One.

Last weekend of August is a dumping ground for bad movies. There were six!! new wide releases this weekend.