Calling all gourmet cooks! Calling all gourmet cooks!

samhexum

You can get All-Clad cookware up to 76% off at the All-Clad Factory Seconds Sale

8889f8a0-6fb2-11ef-b66f-b65217121aac

All-Clad cookware is the best on the market, but it can get expensive, especially if you're shopping stainless steel or copper core pans. But thankfully, the Internet's best-kept secret sale is open right now: The All-Clad VIP Factory Seconds Sale.

I've been professionally covering deals for the past six years and this one is my favorite. The site isn't always open—since it sells factory seconds (products with minor damage, usually on the packaging), you can only shop these wild deals when there's enough stock to sell.

You need to enter your email to access the sale, but once you're in, you can shop from hundreds of top-quality All-Clad pots and pans that are massively marked down from their original prices. We're talking $500 off a 10-piece cookware set with packaging damage, or $300 off a 12-quart stockpot with cosmetic damage.

I've been shopping this sale since 2020 and I've been very happy with every piece I've received. Sometimes I receive a pan with a crumpled cardboard corner or a light scratch, but they've all been perfectly comparable to full-priced All-Clad cookware (even though they've all been more than half off).

https://www.aol.com/lifestyle/all-clad-cookware-is-up-to-76-off-at-the-all-clad-factory-seconds-salebut-it-ends-in-5-days-203542712.html

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!

• samhexum changed the title to Calling all gourmet cooks! Calling all gourmet cooks!

I have a very complete suite of All Clad “copper clad” cookware. Absolute first rate, best cookware I’ve ever owned. Not a fan of their non-stick skillets however. ScanPan and MadeIn make superior non-stick skillet pans.

I’ve ordered All Clad from their “second” sales and had good luck. Frankly, I’m so overloaded with their products now I don’t even look at the sales anymore 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, MikeBiDude said:

I have a very complete suite of All Clad “copper clad” cookware. Absolute first rate, best cookware I’ve ever owned. Not a fan of their non-stick skillets however. ScanPan and MadeIn make superior non-stick skillet pans.

I’ve ordered All Clad from their “second” sales and had good luck. Frankly, I’m so overloaded with their products now I don’t even look at the sales anymore 🤣

Have you ever cooked with All Clad's less expensive D3 collection (or any similar 3-ply cookware)?  I was wondering if the Copper Clad performance is noticeably better, enough to justify the price difference.

15 hours ago, BSR said:

Have you ever cooked with All Clad's less expensive D3 collection (or any similar 3-ply cookware)?  I was wondering if the Copper Clad performance is noticeably better, enough to justify the price difference.

I do have a few pieces from the D3 collection, they are great quality. Easier to clean and maintain than Copper Clad. The Copper Clad have really come into their own in the last few years…since I installed a 30” Bluestar range with 4 *really* hot burners, see image below. The Copper Clad out performs my D3 stuff.

I’ll repeat here I prefer MadeIn’s nonstick to All Clad, Grant Achatz can’t be all wrong!

IMG_1404.jpeg

I am in the market for a new set of kitchen knives. I'm considering All Clad, Made In, and Wusthoff and Williams Sonoma. 

I am also on the fence about buying a set (I read the quality of sets sold with those massive storage blocks can be hit or miss) or buying individual knives.

Does anyone have any opinions to share about knives they are happy with and are good value for the money?

Opinions are gratefully welcomed.

9 minutes ago, misterhumphries said:

I am in the market for a new set of kitchen knives. I'm considering All Clad, Made In, and Wusthoff and Williams Sonoma. 

I am also on the fence about buying a set (I read the quality of sets sold with those massive storage blocks can be hit or miss) or buying individual knives.

Does anyone have any opinions to share about knives they are happy with and are good value for the money?

Opinions are gratefully welcomed.

Wusthoff very good. I don’t have experience with MadeIn, All Clad, Williams Sonoma. I would not buy a set…and I prefer magnetic wall knife holder to counter top blocks. Read up on some sanitary issues with the blocks…how do you get the insides clean?

I have a fairly complete collection of Bob Kramer’s Damascus knives….I jokingly call them my Valerian Steel knives!

KRAMERKNIVES.COM

The Damascus Collection combines our familiar design with Zwilling's production and state of the art technology, bringing you an exceptionally durable knife

Check out Shun knives, they have a slightly different edge bevel and have to be sharpened differently…they’re a world apart good. I have 5-6 of these Shun Premier in addition to my Kramer Damascus.

SHUN.KAIUSA.COM

Shun Premier kitchen knives are not only beautiful, but also designed for exceptionally agile handling. The lightweight blades are quick and precise. The handle...

Thanks for the reply. I read the same concerns about the sanitary condition of those knife blocks, so I am leaning towards a magnetic strip or a magnetic stand. A magnetic stand may also help preserve the sharp edge of the knives. \

I've never heard of Damascus knives. I checked out the link. Too rich for my blood. The most I'd pay for a single knife is about $150 or so, but worth a look.

Shun, I've been aware of the name but always have "shunned" them (I couldn't resist!). On closer inspection, the Shun brand may be just what I'm looking for.

Edited by misterhumphries