A question for the ages: silicone or water based lub?

marylander1940

Are you team silicon or water based lubricant?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you team silicon or water based lubricant?

• Silicone
    • Water based
    • Doesn't matter

34 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Agree.  

Coconut oil is amazing for jerking off and fucking.

It’s funny.  It was suggested to me and I went to Whole Foods 🥴 and bought it in liquid.   Very messy.  So I got the “solid” and it’s awesome.  So, I’m now using the liquid on my skin after the shower for hydration.   Dogs suddenly won’t leave me alone 🫠

On 9/16/2024 at 1:24 AM, marylander1940 said:

In the old days where folks used condoms I exclusively used water based, now I prefer silicone lubricant.

I just tried one called "Turn on" and I loved it.

Nowadays there's also hybrid lube (water based & silicone lube) for example:

https://www.misterb.com/nl/mister-b-load-1000-ml-b2cnl-911305

3 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

I’ve opined a couple times before on similar threads that I like Uber Lube. The pic below shows their (kinda pricey) travel size, which is very neat, clean, and convenient. Zero mess while traveling, TSA sized.

They offer regular sized pump bottles as well.

IMG_1398.jpeg

Terrible, I hate the noise it makes while trying to get some out of it and how little comes out. Besides a glass lube bottle? 

100_ml_store_shot_1024x.jpg?v=1638678280

13 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

I’ve opined a couple times before on similar threads that I like Uber Lube. The pic below shows their (kinda pricey) travel size, which is very neat, clean, and convenient. Zero mess while traveling, TSA sized...

Thanks for the link. Although TSA allows up to 3.4 ounces (100 millilitres) the travel bottle is very small (about 0.5 oz or 15 millilitres).

20 hours ago, PhileasFogg said:

As in “petroleum jelly?”   I”m allergic to petroleum based products and I’m can’t imagine that’s good for a bottom to receive?

Yes, as in "petroleum jelly". My posts are my opinion. Please do not feel obligated to follow my opinion. If you're allergic to petroleum based products, I wouldn't use them. For bottoms that aren't allergic to petroleum based products, I would recommend just a little bit, just enough for the top to slide in. As long as you don't use gallons Vaseline, in my opinion it won't be a problem.

1 hour ago, Thomas_Belgium said:

Thanks for the link. Although TSA allows up to 3.4 ounces (100 millilitres) the travel bottle is very small (about 0.5 oz or 15 millilitres).

For personal products, I've used flexible (I think silcone) bottles that are cheap on Amazon or at the drug store.   That way, I can still buy personal products in bulk and dispense them into smaller useful containers.   I did that recently on a trip with both coconut and almond oils.   (I prefer "natural" ;) )

On 9/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, MikeBiDude said:

I’ve opined a couple times before on similar threads that I like Uber Lube. The pic below shows their (kinda pricey) travel size, which is very neat, clean, and convenient. Zero mess while traveling, TSA sized.

They offer regular sized pump bottles as well.

I like these in theory but changing the refills or even just pulling it up to see how much is left is a huge pain with these. The top always pops off which can become messy. Still use it though because it's still better than other travel options.