Accepted Definitions of "Sensual" and "Erotic"

Duwop

Erotic 

Erotic massage is a sensual and intimate form of massage that focuses on heightening pleasure and arousal. It transcends the boundaries of traditional massage techniques by incorporating sensual touches, stimulating the erogenous zones, and promoting a deep connection between the giver and receiver. At its core, erotic massage is about exploring sensuality and intimacy in a safe and consensual environment.

It involves slow, deliberate movements that aim to awaken the senses and ignite the erotic energy within the body. The massage typically begins with gentle strokes and caresses, gradually building up to more intense sensations.

One of the key elements of erotic massage is the emphasis on relaxation and mindfulness. Both the giver and receiver are encouraged to be fully present in the moment, letting go of any distractions or inhibitions. This allows for a deeper connection to be formed, creating a profound sense of intimacy and trust between the two individuals.

The use of scented oils and candles can further enhance the experience, tantalizing the senses with delightful aromas and creating a sensual atmosphere. Soft music playing in the background can also help set the mood, adding to the overall ambiance of the massage.

Erotic massage is not just about physical pleasure; it is also a deeply emotional and spiritual experience. It can help individuals explore their desires and fantasies in a safe and supportive environment, fostering a greater sense of self-awareness and acceptance.

Sensual 

Sensual massage is a type of therapeutic massage that focuses on enhancing personal connection, emotional intimacy, and mutual comfort between partners. Unlike traditional massage therapies that aim solely at physical relief or relaxation, sensual massage incorporates elements that stimulate the senses and enhance the emotional and physical bond between individuals. This form of massage pays special attention to the body's erogenous zones, but it is conducted with respect, understanding, and consent from all parties involved.

The primary goal of sensual massage is to create a deep, intimate experience that relaxes the body, calms the mind, and uplifts the spirit. It involves slow, deliberate strokes and gentle, teasing touches that awaken the body's sensory receptors. Aromatherapy, soft lighting, and soothing music often accompany the session to create a serene and inviting atmosphere, further enhancing the sensory experience.

Sensual massage encourages partners to explore and express their affection through touch, facilitating a stronger emotional connection and fostering a deeper sense of closeness. It's a journey of exploration, allowing individuals to discover new aspects of their relationship and build trust in a safe and nurturing environment.

While sensual massage can be deeply fulfilling, it's essential to approach it with mutual respect, clear communication, and boundaries that honor both partners' comfort levels and preferences.

1 hour ago, Duwop said:

So, if erotic does not include oral, then sensual could be without HE?

discussed in the forum many times over many years.....there are no accepted definitions at all!.......providers can define the terms any way they want and may even change their own definitions from client to client!.......do not assume anything if you book a certain style, hoping to get what you think it means!.......in fact, do not assume the provider will do anything 'sexual' at all (they aren't obligated to, of course).......

the best you can do is professionally and discreetly discuss the massage in pre-meet communication and politely mention what you hope to cover at the meeting ("erotic massage" if offered in their profile)......masseurs are just that and not sex workers and some won't even discuss it pre-meet.......do not mention specific 'acts' in pre-meet chat......go for the massage, let the masseur do his thing while you remain quiet, and hope for more.....at the meeting, your body language and subtle murmurs of pleasure from you may move things along.....it may take a couple or more meetings to develop trust and see 'enhanced' action as a result......be polite, respectful, and patient!....DO NOT get handsy or grabby!.......less scrupulous masseurs will offer upgrades for a fee smack dab in the middle of the session and they are to be avoided by carefully reviewing reports here in The Spa!.......the whole thing can be a subtle discreet 'dance' between client and masseur.....

oh, be clean and fresh when you arrive!

Edited by azdr0710

There’s no agreed definition. You best ask what’s included.

I advertise sensual massage, sometimes clients request anal intercourse (give or receive) and other things across a range of activities. I’m open to discussing it as part of a sensual massage, and depending on what’s agreed my rate may vary. The important thing is that if you specifically want something included then ask your masseur. Someone advertising sensual or erotic will be open to such requests. Someone advertising therapeutic only should not be asked for any sexual type services. 

Edited by Jamie21

14 minutes ago, Jamie21 said:

There’s no agreed definition. You best ask what’s included.

I advertise sensual massage, sometimes clients request anal intercourse (give or receive) and other things across a range of activities. I’m open to discussing it as part of a sensual massage, and depending on what’s agreed my rate may vary. The important thing is that if you specifically want something included then ask your masseur. Someone advertising sensual or erotic will be open to such requests. Someone advertising therapeutic only should not be asked for any sexual type services. 

Jamie, I love reading your posts. I’ve learned a lot from you.

In this particular thread, I’m not sure those of us in the U.S. can reasonably take your advice (to be specific in pre-appointment conversations about which activities are of interest to us) without placing providers and possibly ourselves at legal risk. 

I understand that the risk is likely negligible; that isn’t, however, equivalent to zero risk. 

To be fair, I’m someone with minimal hiring experience (Champagne taste on a generic beer budget!) so I’d love to hear from others in the U.S. - both providers and clients - on how they manage this aspect of the hiring process. 

TIA

3 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

discussed in the forum many times over many years.....there are no accepted definitions at all!.....

Thank you! It's funny how shy these guys are about what they provide. The female space is mostly much more explicit. And hell yeah, cleanliness and all that.  Got an appointment tomorrow with a guy new to the area. Wish me luck!

33 minutes ago, GHart said:

Jamie, I love reading your posts. I’ve learned a lot from you.

In this particular thread, I’m not sure those of us in the U.S. can reasonably take your advice (to be specific in pre-appointment conversations about which activities are of interest to us) without placing providers and possibly ourselves at legal risk. 

I understand that the risk is likely negligible; that isn’t, however, equivalent to zero risk. 

To be fair, I’m someone with minimal hiring experience (Champagne taste on a generic beer budget!) so I’d love to hear from others in the U.S. - both providers and clients - on how they manage this aspect of the hiring process. 

TIA

Ah yes I’m talking from a UK perspective. However I’m sure it’s more of a perceived risk than a real one? Especially so if you hire a guy who has been around a while and is well reviewed. 

4 hours ago, Duwop said:

I see people using these a bit different than my understanding.

"Sensual" includes HE, maybe PM, depending on provider, things may escalate

Erotic" includes oral and/or anal intercourse.

Am I very wrong?

Both probably just indicate that there's openness. I always prefer agreeing on things with the provider before the sessions.