Quick Notes on Eltroublemaker & Curlyup, both in New Orleans

jusmeinbr

I am far less active in this arena than I once was, but whenever I do decide to initiate contact with a provider, I first run a search on this site as I find that the information can often be incredibly helpful.  

I haven't even tried to reach out to a provider since this episode on a recent Houston trip wherein I was told I needed to remit both a $100 in-city travel fee and a $100 deposit with said demands being made one hour prior to our scheduled meeting even though all terms had been agreed upon (with the location of the hotel divulged BEFORE the negotiated $300 rate) a full eight (8) days before our meeting.  Obviously, I immediately pulled the plug.

Anyway, I finally decided to reach out to a couple of providers in New Orleans (my home base for hiring) even though I almost never see what I'm looking for in that particular city. 

Very briefly, on 9/29/24, I did reach out to ElTroubleMaker providing a link to my own RM profile and asking him to let me know if he'd like to meet.  Since I heard nothing for over 24 hours, I figured that was that.  Then, then next day, on 9/30/24, he responded with a two-letter text:  "Hi."  I responded back with, "Hi.  Would you like to hook up?"  Thereafter, I heard nothing back.  Hey, at least I got two whole keystrokes out of him :).

About two hours ago, I decided to reach out to Curlyup with my usual practice of providing my RM link (which is highly detailed with my own stats and desired activities) and asking if he may wish to hook up.  He responded almost immediately, and here is how our text exchange proceeded thereafter:

Curly:  "Hi.  You don't show your pic (with the frown emoji).

Me:  "Prospective clients typically don't, but I will be happy to meet you at restaurant at which time you can let me know if you aren't interested with no hard feelings whatsoever."

Curly:  "I always ask before meeting."

Me:  "No problem.  I know you're just starting, but I've been hiring for 22 years, and I can safely tell you that less than 1% of prospective clients are going to be willing to supply a picture beforehand.   At any rate, we can both cut our losses.  No harm, no foul."

Curly:  "Umm....you know you.  You don't know others.  Enjoy."

I'm not even sure what that last text even means.

I'm merely supplying this material so that, if searches are run on either of these two providers, at least a little something will show up.

FWIW, It seems to me that ElTroubleMaker visited my house on his travels once several weeks ago.  Different name and different home base at the time.  But the eyebrow scar is distinctive.  He struggled with English but was very eager to please. 

34 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

I know it isn’t the point of your post, but I actually think more clients than you’d think are fine sharing face, and at least body photos before meeting. 

You may be right, but I can only say that this arena has changed so drastically from what it was 15-20 years ago that my own trust level has plummeted since that time, and I’m growing increasingly reluctant to even initiate correspondence anymore.

1 hour ago, PhileasFogg said:

FWIW, It seems to me that ElTroubleMaker visited my house on his travels once several weeks ago.  Different name and different home base at the time.  But the eyebrow scar is distinctive.  He struggled with English but was very eager to please. 

I kind of doubt it was him.  He is very open entailing his social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).  He has been in NO for a while and is a bartender and has been honored at the 2023 SD festivities.  He certainly hasn’t posted any recent travels and, as I said, he’s been in NO for quite a while using the same screen name.

2 hours ago, guru68 said:

I'd assume he was saying that you were wrong about most clients not being willing to provide pics.

That had to be what he was referencing!  Thanks!  He may well be right with me being wrong and, if that’s the case, I guess he’ll have plenty of business going forward.

Edited by jusmeinbr
Typo.

2 hours ago, Pensant said:

They’re both young and think they’re going on a paid Grindr hook-up.

You have nailed it, and NOW I fully understand his final text except I would change his wording a little as follows:

“You know your generation.  You don’t know others, including mine.”

I have no doubt that his generation would have no issue supplying a face picture and him thus be flabbergasted that my RM profile is devoid of one.

I am in no way whatsoever ashamed or embarrassed by my face and, at 61, I am routinely told I’m holding up quite well.  Nevertheless, I have no trust level whatsoever with providing someone with a digital photo of my face.  

In hindsight, I guess he thought I was really “old school” in volunteering to meet at a restaurant with him having the prerogative to just decline a meeting thereafter.

Thanks for providing such clarity on the matter 😀.

39 minutes ago, jusmeinbr said:

In hindsight, I guess he thought I was really “old school” in volunteering to meet at a restaurant with him having the prerogative to just decline a meeting thereafter.

I guess I'm "old school" too.  I don't usually do this with providers on RM (who are easier to vet), but after the usual texting back and forth with others (like someone from Seeking) I'll suggest we meet at a Starbucks near them for a quick face-to-face chat.  That way, I get to see if they are who and what they say they are and if there's any chemistry between us.  For them, it's an investment of 15 minutes to meet a prospect for a free coffee and (if they want) to convert him into a regular client.  If they're not willing to make that investment, then they don't need my support and I move on.

Edited by jackcali
clarity

2 hours ago, jackcali said:

No, it's not a scar, nor is it distinctive.  It's called an eyebrow slit, and it's becoming fashionable with the young people.  I see them on the street every now and then. It's jarring at first but you get used to them. 

I just learned something.  Thanks.  

3 hours ago, jackcali said:

I guess I'm "old school" too.  I don't usually do this with providers on RM (who are easier to vet), but after the usual texting back and forth with others (like someone from Seeking) I'll suggest we meet at a Starbucks near them for a quick face-to-face chat.  That way, I get to see if they are who and what they say they are and if there's any chemistry between us.  For them, it's an investment of 15 minutes to meet a prospect for a free coffee and (if they want) to convert him into a regular client.  If they're not willing to make that investment, then they don't need my support and I move on.

I just got off the phone with a young provider. I always like to hear a voice before a first meetup and discuss what the session will be like. We both agreed that we’re likely to have a good time, so he’s coming by tomorrow night for a two-hour session. Not all 20-somethings are averse to a phone call. I think I may have found a new hottie. More to come.

I never send a pic, but usually insist on a videocall prior to meeting to make sure it will work on both ends and feel out if they are a scammer best I can.  I don’t mind sending stats (now that’s old school) including size if I expect them to bottom.

I’ve learned more how to spot a scammer through some painful lessons) but you never know. Just got scammed from a guy over used previously without a problem!

Edited by DavidNY

6 hours ago, Pensant said:

I just got off the phone with a young provider. I always like to hear a voice before a first meetup and discuss what the session will be like. We both agreed that we’re likely to have a good time, so he’s coming by tomorrow night for a two-hour session. Not all 20-somethings are averse to a phone call. I think I may have found a new hottie. More to come.

I agree.   If it's an overnight or a "fly in" to my house or another city, I'm doing a video call