massage music recommendations

Guest josephga
This topic is 6388 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest josephga

I'm looking to update my music I play for my clients. Any recommendations on what you guys as clients like to hear? Or whats some of the music other body workers get complements on playing. Id like some info from both sides..

Usually when I get a massage masseurs tend to play soft "massage music", it's a bit what I call "elevator music".

It's nice but no more than OK.

Recently I was in Palm Springs and got a massage from Robert, a FANTASTIC guy.

He played some light classical music, and it was really VERY enjoyable!

In Body Electric, we are taught to start out soft and gentle, musically, and then to build it continually through the climax, then gentle it out again - then maybe a faster song again to help the client get the energy to leave.

I recently purchased several CDs someone had made just for BE massages, and the only complaint I have about them was that there were so many songs with lyrics on them. I really think that it is less distracting, etc., to use music with no lyrics.

As far as some soft music suggestions, I think that both the apotheosis from Gladiator and some of the music from Lord of the Rings tend to get overused, but if you haven't used them yet, they are still quite effective. Also the Moldau from Ma Vlast, since we've already mentioned classical. And I like The Mask of Zorro, Frida, and Ever After. As you can tell, I'm a goood bit into movie scores. However, there is a kind of music called Chill, some world music with its great drums - or American Indian drums, even some electronica.

Some good medium sources are Carmina Burana, and some Thcaikovski, including the one where he describes the Lippizani horses excersizing - Capriciano Italien, I think it's called. Also, Minority Report and Crouching Tiger.

Chanting monks can be great calming down music, but it can also be an interesting head trip / contrast if you are verging towards Leather.

For waking up afterwards, I do like Catch Me If You Can, But I also sometimes go Broadway, like Lion King or Scarlet Pimpernel.

I know that most of these are a bit old, and I, too, am interested in other answers to your question!

I tend to use music without lyrics as well so as to not distract from the session.

Some of my current favorites on my massage playlist, which you can find on either itunes or Amazon are:

Boc Scadet - Nightfall in Gentle Waters

Heavenly Music Corporation - In the garden of Eden/Lunar Phase

Higher Intelligence Agency - colourform

Loop Guru- Duniya

Oophoi - Hymns to a silent sky

Sattyananda- Internal Activities

DO NOT PLAY ENYA or ENIGMA!!!!

They have been played to death by masseurs over the years...

I'm sure it's simply gets down to the client's individual tastes. I'm a certified "massage ####" ... self-certified, of course ... and have many massage experiences. And have experienced all types of music, from new age to contemporary pop.

Unlike the previous poster, for ME, the absolute best music during a massage is choral music. If lyrics are distracting, then the proper music has not been chosen.

I did list some choral music in my suggestions. I'm not rereading my own post but I believe that I mentioned chanting, the going up to Heaven scene from Gladiator and the Camina Burana. All of them are choral music. However, you'll notice that none of them are in recognizable English. Many of my massage clients have mental dialogues going and I don't want the background music to change the subject for them.

There is a Sacred Intimate in Atlanta whose web site ( bodymindsoul.org ) has a list of very sexy music suggestions on it. Knowing him, it is updated regularly, but, to be honest, I have checked it myself in a couple of months.

Archived