Massage Tables

Axiom2001
This topic is 5907 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently I have had three massages where the masseurs used a table. One used a bed.

Personally, I am more comfortable getting a massage on a table that has a cradle than one those doesn't have one. With that opening, I can breathe fully. When I'm on a table without one and have my head propped on pillows-- at times (when my head is turned to the side or the left for a long period of time)-- I find it difficult breathing, so I have to adjust.

What type of table do you prefer and why? Or do prefer to receive the massage while lying in a bed?

:9 :-) :9

Guest josephga

speaking as a massage therapist I would never go to anyone using anything other than a table. if you are getting the massage for therapeutic purposes a bed is a total waste because most of the pressure is absorbed into the mattress.I use a table with a face cradle. If the client doesnt like the face cradle they have the option of a pillow.

Pan, a superb masseur based in San Francisco, uses a mat or low pad to give his massages. I think he braces one's head on pillows, and I have found this to be comfortable, but when it comes down to what I prefer-- it's a professional table with a nice face cradle!

Guest josephga

Thai massage is done on a mat too. I get a Thai massage once a month and the guy uses a mat. they make a body cushion system for the floor too. But for everything else a table is a must. I tend too be very picky over who I hire due to back problems that I have. I only hire for one type of massage really deep tissue. My biggest pet peeve is certification. if you don't have a certification those hands arnt touching me..

I definitely prefer a table too. My neck gets sore in a hurry if I lay on my stomach on a bed. I even invested in my own table for getting massages at home. Only cost about $120 on eBay. I think it is supposed to be able to hold up to 400 pounds. It folds up and has it's own carrying case. The legs are also adjustable to change the height. Comes in a selection of colors as well. :-)

Archived