Hollywood motel review...

JamesK840
This topic is 7418 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As those that have followed my exploits know, I've tried a couple of the seedier motels in the Hollywood and the Melrose areas: a couple well south of SMB (on La Brea I think) and one near Spotlight. These have been uniformly crappy, the one that was explicitly a sex motel, with mirrors, was at least amusing, but none were especially clean and all did the least they could get away with, such as 1 towel, no key without a key deposit, etc. The upside is that you can pay cash and probably not need to show an ID (though they may want your license plate number they probably don't check to see that it was written down correctly...). This is nice because you can leave your companion the room as a part of the fee or tip without worrying he'd be able to run up anything on your credit card, but it's just not worth it. Especially with concerns about the cleanliness of the bedding, and they still cost $40-$50 a night (though I think the sex motel had hourly rates, they weren't much cheaper...).

Got back last night, horny, started cruising Craigslist (surprised? ;o), eventually saw a post for a hookup (as in not paid) that really raised my interest, he was in Hollywood but couldn't host, I couldn't host either, but I refused to let that stop me. Went and picked him up (holy shit, now we had to find a place!) and headed for Sunset. There are several motels, some require drivers licenses for all occupants (can be a real problem with SMB or Spotlight pickups, who may not have ID).

I noticed a rather nice looking motel, west of La Brea, think it was called Saharan Motor Hotel at 7212 Sunset. It has parking, but it's pretty tight back there, I wouldn't take say a full-sized truck back there.

Since there was nothing illegal about this hookup I didn't care about ID and didn't want to stop and find an ATM anyway, so I had no problem giving my ID and credit card (both were required anyway, per a sign). Nice thing was though, even though we both went into the office together (had a bad experience with a motel calling the room and demanding the ID of the guest they watched for on the CCTV system) the clerk didn't take any undo interest at all, handed me a form to fill out and sign with places for my license plate number and guest names, etc but didn't seem at all concerned that I left most of it blank. Took a while, had to wait for the receipt to print and all, signed it, got a key-card (no $5 key deposit BS here!) and went to the room. $56 a night, check out time 11AM. I paid $67 because I answered two guests, but in hindsight the clerk expected me to say one.

Very nice room by any motel standards (especially in Hollywood!), working AC/heat, king sized bed, clean, couple chairs. The bathroom had plenty of towels, several bars of soap and even some shampoo I think. Fun was had by all.

I know it's possible to get nicer places ('Hotels' anyway, not sure the 'internet special' rooms are any nicer) on Priceline, but that requires forethought and planning, this is a nice alternative at a reasonable price for 'right fucking now' desires. I wonder if/how much the price goes up on weekends...

I checked out, dropped my new friend off, and stopped by Spotlight for a nightcap. This was the latest I'd been there, got in just before last call. Parking was easy this late, there were still one or two good looking guys hanging around, though one left with somebody right as I got there. Interesting as usual (though less conversation, more drinking...), one drink just about knocked me over, also as usual, chit-chatted with Benji a little and headed home with a smile on my face.

Happy new year!

Ahhhhh the Sahara,,,they really have done quite a nice job of fixing it up.Years ago it was a seedy as they come(crack deals going down in the parking lot,lots of hookers)but the place got some new owners who really keep an eye out for trouble.I have an aquaintance from Omaha who visits LA 4 times a year and he always stays there.

Now the Sunset palms!Talk about seedy!I have a friend who lived in the two bedroom unit in the back with thirteen other boys(this would be 6 years ago)Al hookers,and I had had sex with 9 of them at different times!

And James,if you want relllllly seedy,then check out the WEST INN(kinda like Westin!)above the spotlight.Just bring some RID with you!

Hey James - what's up? Haven't seen you around for awhile. I hope you had a great vacation or whatever it is that kept you away from here for the last several days. It's great to have you back.

Could you please take a look at post #12 in the "Taking Back the Debate" thread in the Politics Forum. Once you have, let me know if you want to pay me by paypal or some other means and I'll send you the pertinent information.

Welcome back!

RE: Hollywood motel stalker...

Doug is stalking James! Tracking him down to a seedy little Hollywood motel. He pushes the door open, but James has escaped to the dark confines of the aptly named Spotlight Bar. Doug leaves a note: Pay up or else!

Guest random

There are also cheap and easy motels along Ventura Blvd. A few of them are by the hour instead of paying ro an entire night. About 3 years ago I checked into one of them with a young guy I picked up on SMB. The cleark would not leave us alone. At one point he asked that I leave my friend behind when i was finished with him. That gave me the creeps.

Anyway, aside from that one incident I have had good experiences renting rooms in that area. Also, it's only 15 minutes from SMB & LaBrea.

Which roads go through between Ventura and SMB? Even better between 101 and SMB...? I've tried Laurel Canyon (I think that's the name) but it gets rather congested some times and doesn't seem that direct. Highland becomes such a clusterfuck at times... Cauhenga (sp?) goes through, works great if you're going to Spotlight or Arclight, kinda east for the Numbers get-togethers though...

Archived