Having nagging problems with the site today 2/4/06

jackhammer91406
This topic is 6793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am having some small nagging problems with the site today. Anyone else?

Examples;

When I hit the URL in my bookmarks I get an error message from dc forums saying URL doesn't exist, but if I hit the back button, the page appears.

After logging in, when I hit the log in button, get an error message, but hit the back button and the page appears and I am logged on.

Just tried to edit my post 30 seconds after I have posted it and was told the edit window had expired.

As I said, just small nagging problems but problems non the less.

I am using Windows XP Pro and Mozilla 1.0 (thanks to BG).

RE: Having nagging problems

Nag, nag, nag! I am having the same problems. I attributed it to Scott Adler's distress at not meeting me last night, but maybe there is a different explanation since you are also having the same problem.

Thanks for posting this message. I've been a little nervous about the computer worm that started yesterday. When I started having problems with this site, I didn't know if it was my machine or the site.

Thanks for confirming it's probably the site and NOT me.

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

>Thanks for posting this message. I've been a little nervous

>about the computer worm that started yesterday. When I started

>having problems with this site, I didn't know if it was my

>machine or the site.

>

>Thanks for confirming it's probably the site and NOT me.

Definitely not your computer.

But FYI, yesterday's DRASTIC THREAT virus that went all over the media turned out to be pretty much a fizzle. No major damage reported anywhere. (A completely different virus shut down the Russian stock exchange for a time Thursday, though.)

This is just a database hiccup we've seen before that's easy to fix.

RE: IT'S BACK today 2/14/06

It's actually not a bug. :-) A bug is when software does not behave as designed.

This software was designed to display that error when the log file is full. Y'all have just been so active you keep filling up the log file. :p

Archived