Member Since.... Date

OneFinger
This topic is 6783 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This isn't an earth-shattering question but I'm curious. My "Member Since" date now shows as "Aug 23rd 2005" even though I've been around for much longer.

I recently had another member ask what my other screen name was since I told him I had been around for a while. Since this is my original name, how did the date change?

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

Probably just a goof-up (that's the techie term) in the database. It does that sometimes.

Also, the DCForum software does screwy things sometimes. This could be a bug in the current release that may correct itself with a later release.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the actual date it used to display? Might make reporting the bug easier to have specifics.

>Out of curiosity, do you remember the actual date it used to display? Might make reporting the bug easier to have specifics.

Can't recall what date it showed before. But, the date on my registration e-mail from HooBoy was July 23, 2001 and my first post was August 21, 2001.

But, Steven may also have stumbled on a possible explanation. Around August of last year I believe there was quite a pissing contest going on in the MC. Perhaps my membership was reset during that period. I know I wrote some messages around that time that probably shouldn't have been posted. :( Thank goodness that period is behind us.

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

>But, Steven may also have stumbled on a possible explanation.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't remember your name in any particular kerfuffle. But there HAVE been a couple of database burps in that timeframe. Databases can do the most amazing things when they burp, none of them pleasant.

>Thank goodness that period is behind us.

You'll get no disagreement here.

Archived