Burning CDs not my behind

Guest endoman31
This topic is 6755 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest endoman31

Thanks guys I am now able to burn the CD by slowing down the process. Now I still have the problem of the CD-R filling up with only about 100 pics, and not being able to load the 500 which I used to be able to do.

My son offered to help but I cannot allow him to view what I have downloaded from the naked male sites.

Help (if you are able, since I am a 75 yo. who needs to be led through each step.!!

You haven't given enough information for anyone to even make a guess.

Last I heard, you were going to call Dell support. Did you? How did that turn out? Where did it leave you?

Getting only 100 images on a CD is actually quite possible if each image is 6 MB. (And that's not unusual with some of today's 8mp cameras.) Or images in some formats (particularly PSD or TIFF) can get truly huge. Did you just hit a batch of big images?

You also might have some faulty media. Recording to CD is still, sadly, a risk-prone proposition. Also, depending on the age of your computer, your cd burner may be failing. They don't last forever, heads go out of alignment, etc.

There are just way too many variables here for any one generic answer.

Sorry. I'd love to give the magic two snaps and make it work. But it isn't possible.

Guest endoman31

I thank you for the help. what I think it is is that the CD fills up with the few pics. I now wait for lots of pice before burning. I will amass a few hundred before my next burning.

Oh! I'm sorta reading between the lines here, but it sounds like you were trying to ADD pics to a CD-R you'd already burned. You can't do that.

It's a one-shot burn with CD-R. You can read from that CD as many times as you like, but you can only burn one batch to it. Ever.

Things are different with CD-RW (although there are still limits).

Were you trying to write to a CD you'd already used? Is that where this confusion came from?

Guest endoman31

I used to be able to burn a few hundred pics on the CD-R. Now if I burn a few it ends up filling up the whole CD. If I hold off as I did last week and put abput 100 on the CD at the same timeit worked. BUT it filled up the CD.

My son says that there is something to go to , to make it behave and actually fill the CD a little at a time.

I cannot let him at my computer.

Thanks

Endoman

Archived