Problem playing MPG files

Guest GladImGay
This topic is 6753 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest GladImGay

When I go to a website like GayBusters.com and click on an MPG file, it will play the first "group" but all future attempts will not be displayed though they are being downloaded. I can determine the latter because my DSL modem flashes. If I restart my PC and go to the website and I can play the first group accessed, but, again, any future attempts fail intil I restart. I have no problem playing an WMV file. I would appreciate any guidance you guys can provide. Thanks.

Never seen this before, but I don't "do" media much.

My first thought would be the site throttling you to one set per session, but you say it happens on multiple sites. Is it all sites? Instead of rebooting, does it still happen if you clear your browser's cache/delete cookies?

Are the sites that display this behavior under the same ownership umbrella? (There are only a handful of owners who publish literally hundreds of sites each, repackaged and relabeled...) It's possible you've been "lucky" and hit a bunch of related sites using the same throttle, I suppose.

You don't say what kind of computer/operating system you're using. You should probably find a support site for whatever that is, and ask there.

Archived