"Read new"

Guest GladImGay
This topic is 6656 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest GladImGay

When I view the message board without logging in, I continue to see the same messages when I select "Read new". How do I reset so that I only see the "new" messages? When I login, that doesn't appear to be a problem.

Guest GladImGay

Thanks for the quick response "deej", but there is a problem there. When I open without logging on and ask to "read new" I see 88 messages, but if I look at just the first forum and count the number of messages listed without selecting "read new", I find about 1300 on that one alone. Somehow or another, it tracks the number of "new" entries when I don't logon on.

Once you've read the recent messages, click the "Mark" link that is next to "Read New". Then it will start tracking from that point forward in time. The next time you click on "Read New", you'll only see messages that were posted after you "Mark"'d it.

BG

Guest GladImGay

Thanks both of you (Deej & BostonGuy) for your help, but I found the solution to the problem. I have tried the "mark" trick several times, to no avail, but I cleared out all my "cookies" and voila!!! Thanks again.

Archived