Gaiety week of 12/30/01

hiJinX
This topic is 8215 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A week without NYObserver's Monday morning Gaiety review is like waking up on X-Mas morning without the gifts...more than a little disappointing. I really miss hearing what he has to say even if I see the show myself. We tend to be on different ends of the spectrum on most things, but I respect his expert opinion.

Okay enough love for NYO. Onto the show.

Slightly above average show for the last week of the year. There are weeks where the show is so good I feel like I could propel myself home by sheer force of energy pumping through me. This wasn't THAT good, but I was never bored. The the show flew by and there were only a couple of times when I would have taken my eyes of stage. Lenny Kravitz is very popular at Gaiety now with 3 songs being used in dancers' routines. No complaints. Think it is time to retire the Enrique Iglesias PLEASE.

As much of a lineup as I can recall:

GABRIEL: Well defined and decent dancer, knows how to work the santa hat. makes a funny arm movement in his first song where he looks like he is elbowing some unseen person beside him on stage. Have seen him dance without the santa hat and it definately adds something with the way he works the tassle when he moves his head.

BEN: a quirky entertainer. best viewed from a ringside seat where you will get some interaction (usually in the form of playful mimicry). a small, lean, tan guy, very well put together. He actually backed up onto stage, going back and forth the back of the stage. makes you think "what the?" if you haven't seen him before. But when he starts pumping and shaking that ass, LOOKOUT. Bet he does a great private show.

DAVE: colt type guy who squeezes out and tastes precum on stage (or mimics doing so very well). rough and tumble looking guy. very gracious. oozes masculity with his leather pants and baseball cap. watch closely and catch him flashing his tongue piercing.

ROCHA: the man, the myth, the legend. Tattoo covered (think gray's anatomy) Brazillian who always entertains. Rare body hair. Very well endowed. Best part of the show is crowd reaction to him. There were some women in the crowd who were overcome when he came out for his second song. A "One of a kind" as the announcer says.

MASON: very good looking brown haired guy. Natural looking muscular build. Looks very good in his jeans and better out of them. That tight T-shirt ain't bad either.

NICK: A small in stature very tight bodied guy. HArd to beat the ass on him this week. Just makes you want to reach out and bury your face in there. Tends to linger a bit too long at the front of the stage but he moved around a bit more than usual this week.

DARIO: Twinkish bald brown boy. Others have said he is Puerto Rican. Very good dancer complete with a backflip and splits.

DONOVAN: just from the way he gyrates when he dances I say this man has a spiral backbone. above average dancer. sometimes seems disinterested but puts on a good show. Love the way he tugs on his pants during his first show.

MAXIM: kind of a medium build, muscular but not lean. seem popular. Not a big fan of his music but he is easy on the eyes.

TRISTAN: this guy hair will not move. I bet it can withstand winds of up to mach 10. Second song is better than the first, Nice uncut wood.

STEPHEN: Hungarian Stephen. very cute face with the spikey hair. If you have ever seen his show...It was the same thing. Very uninspired. SHould make an New Years Resolution to take lessons from one of the more animated dancers.

PREVIEWS: JASON TYLER (who is in the movies according to his announcement from the DJ) was in town for New Years eve day dancing to Britney Spears. Would guess he will continue for the week. Everyone else were holdovers from last week but it was a patchwork lineup for an abbreiviated holiday show so who knows.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. SEE YOU AT THE SHOWS. WELCOME BACK NYO, it wasn't the same without you.

Archived