Update on BoxersNBriefs Bar

This topic is 7115 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I visited the Boxers N Briefs Bar this past Sunday evening, and as promised, will give an update to my original review. I am happy to report that is remains basically the same as I originally described it. It is hard to believe, but the guys are allowed to dance totally nude here. The bar is located in southern Illinois, right across the river from St. Louis. There are several female nude bars in the area, and the little burb in which they are located, I'm sure, gets a lot of tax money from these sites.

For more details, go to their website http://www.boxersnbriefs.com for hours, directions, etc.

I arrived around 8:30 on Sunday night and there was only one dancer on the bar. Apparently it was early. As time passed, two dancers at a time were on the bar, with a total of about 8 guys, all under 25 and very good looking. You can sit at the bar or at tables, but if one sits at the bar, one have a close-up view. :p There are two other small stages with poles in another area of the bar, but they are not used until the weekends when there are up to 20 different dancers according to one of the dancers to whom I spoke. There were a few women in the bar on Sunday night, and more tend to come on the weekends.

Also on Sunday night there was a drag queen show on the main stage in the bar. That didn't interest me, but luckily the dancers kept dancing on the bar while the show was going on. In the back there is a large area with sofas for lap dances. Dances are $20 each for one song. This is described on their website.

The place is large, clean, and has a well-lighted parking lot. The bar was pretty empty that night, so I had a lot of attention from the dancers. I'm sure they could use more business. If you are in the area, I strongly urge you to stop by. I would hate to see this place go the way of the Gaiety and other bars.

Guest chaotou

Thanks for the info on BoxersNBriefs. Can you answer a few questions. Where's a good place to stay. I would fly to STL, does that mean I would have to rent a car to get there. How much is a taxi? Any help would be appreciated.

> There were a

>few women in the bar on Sunday night, and more tend to come on

>the weekends.

That is what has always turned me off about this place. When I was there last, well over a year ago, 2 different Bachlorette parties easily out numbered the men. I always thought of the place as a Male Strip club for women that also let men in. I felt very uncomfortable there with all the women.

>Thanks for the info on BoxersNBriefs. Can you answer a few

>questions. Where's a good place to stay. I would fly to STL,

>does that mean I would have to rent a car to get there. How

>much is a taxi? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, you would need to rent a car since it is in a rural area and getting a cab to take you there would be no problem, but getting one to return might be. You could stay at any of the major hotel chains in St. Louis and drive over the river or you could look for hotels in Collinsville, IL which would be close to Centreville where the bar is. Along route 157 in Collinsville there are quite a few "lesser priced" hotels such as Marriott Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. Go to one of the hotel search sites and put in "Collinsville" or "Edwardsville" and see what you come up with. There are also gay bars in St. Louis but this is the only one I know of that has strippers. When you decide to go, go to their website for driving directions. There are two other female stripper bars on either side of Boxers, and a "massage parlor" in the area. You will know when you are getting close. Hope this helps.

>

>That is what has always turned me off about this place. When I

>was there last, well over a year ago, 2 different Bachlorette

>parties easily out numbered the men. I always thought of the

>place as a Male Strip club for women that also let men in. I

>felt very uncomfortable there with all the women.

Hi KY!!! How ya doin' ? I never knew you had been there. I haven't been there on a Saturday night when most of the women go, but they tend to hang out at the tables and not up next to the bar. On a weeknight they tend to stay away, but then there aren't as many dancers there. They never seem to venture into the back area where lap dances are given. That might be a solution! HaHa The bartender that night was "Charlie" (female) one of the owners, and she was the one that told me there were more females on Saturday nights. There usually is a hunky guy bartending without a shirt.

We'll have to go to Madrigals when you get back to Chicago!

Guest RandyRon

The Four Points Sheraton in Fairview Heights Illinois is a nice place to stay with several decent restaurants nearby. There's a spectacular steak house a couple of miles away but I forget the name (ask the motel). It's right off I64 and I think it's pretty close to Boxers & Briefs.

Thanks CEO for the "full report". I always enjoy updates and when others share their experiences! I have some additional questions and would appreciate it if you could help out!

What is their policy for tipping & touching the dancers? Can you tip & touch them as they dance or do tips have to be placed in armbands or socks?

Do the dancers get hard on stage?

Any interplay between the dancers when they dance 2 at a time?

In your opinion were the dancers agreeable for private shows afterward?

thanks in advance

stripfan

>

>What is their policy for tipping & touching the dancers? Can

>you tip & touch them as they dance or do tips have to be

>placed in armbands or socks?

As they are dancing on the bar, one can either put the tip into their socks or in their hand. You can touch their legs as they dance on the bar or their arms or chest if they sit on the bar in front of you. If you prefer, you could sit at a table and they would come to you in their briefs, and you could put it in the waist band I think. I spent my time at the bar.

>

>>

>Any interplay between the dancers when they dance 2 at a time?

They are usually at opposite ends of the bar and keep switching. No more interplay that a pinch or a hug.

>

>

>In your opinion were the dancers agreeable for private shows

>afterward?

That I am not sure of. The bar stays open late, until 3 am or 4 so I didn't ask. I rather doubt it though.>

>

Archived