MAGIC TOUCH-SUNDAY NIGHT-WHERE WERE YOU?

Regina
This topic is 7081 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you really miss Stella's, La Fleur's, Cats, the kinda hole-in-the-wall where the bartender remembers your drink but won't say your name out loud, a place you can sit in the corner and not be alone for long, an out-of-the-way bar that serves your special interest and DOESN'T have a dress code, you really need to check out this place. It's called The Girlsroom (don't freakout...). It's called this because from Tuesday through Saturday it's a dyke bar. They're normally closed Sunday/Monday but rather than just let it go dead, Tommy G (of Magic Touch productions: he used to have a bar in Brooklyn, used to host the shows at La Fleurs, now has Monday's at the Boy's Room, Tuesday at the Toolbox and Wednesday at Opaline) is once again busy on Sunday evenings at this quaint little watering hole.

Although small (but not as small as the Toolbox) it has all sorts of little nooks and crannies (and a few grannies I's sure) where you and someone special can get to know each other. I've been a few times and it's always been great, although this past Sunday all I can guess is that all the queens were with their mommies rather than being daddies or sons! A few dancers but even fewer patrons. I had fun with a dancer and hope to see him again.

So, even though this is a dyke bar, it's gay men on Sunday evening. It's located at 210 Rivingston Street in the lower east village, between Pitt and Ridge. If you take the subway, it's the F train (I think...)to Delancy, walk down Delancy like you're walking toward the Brooklyn bridge for about 4 or 5 blocks. Turn left onto Ridge, go one block and turn right onto Rivington. It's on the left side of that block, closer to Pitt Street. There's no sign but you can't miss it; the front is all wood, you'll hear music and probably see people (i.e. MEN) standing outside smoking and chatting. I'm a slow walker because I'm always cruising for men but even at my pace it's about four minutes from the subway I know it's a school night but it's a lot of fun.

Don't be one of those people who check this bboard and read about bars that used to be a lot of fun but got closed down by the Nazi's of New York! Hot men, great music (a live dj) hot men, drink specials, hot men, dancing, raffle for Big City Video movies, hot men, open until the last queen checks out, and hot men, an ATM machine so you don't have to run all over looking for a machine...oh, and hot men!!!

CHECK IT OUT! :7

Archived