Greensboro, NC

Lucky
This topic is 6937 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

John Pela posted this in another forum and I didn't want it to get lost as naked dancers are hard to find these days:

Greensboro only has a couple of gay clubs, mostly for college-age gays and 30's Something gays. Something new I saw in NC Gay Newspaper is Swinging Richards of Triad, in Greensboro. Every Sunday night have totally nude male dancers along with private rooms and lapdance areas. Its considered a private club (all gay bars in NC apparently that way). I haven't been there, as I left this morning to go home.

The hot spot in Greensboro for me is the Warehouse29 (w29.com) on Arnold Street where Highway 29 enters Greensboro from the east right at Wendover West Blvd. This weekend Mr Gaiety 2003 was the featured gogo boy/striper. Mixture of college gay crowd and older regulars. Also drag shows some weekends and then hot dancers like Ace Hanson (regular every month or so) among others. DJ, crowded dance floor, pool table room, two bars, patio/bar (volley ball and tea dances, buffet meal on Sundays during season). Also a long all glass shower between bar and pool room in which the stripers shower in G-strings at end of the evening.

Also there is the SkyBar late night club on Elm Street (main downtown business district). Mostly gay club for college-age crowd. The time I was in there a year ago, I was the oldest person in there by about 10-15 years. BTW, across the street is site of Woolworth luncheon counter where the first civil rights protest occurred in 60's in US. In front is a sign about this being the site of the birth of the civil rights movement.

I have been to W29 and Greensboro about six times now. I have gotten to know the owners of W29 and another former gay bar, 360 Bar (it used to have male stripers on Sunday nights before it closed), also quite a few of the drag queens and strippers while being back stage in the performer dressing rooms, not to mention several very lively gay personalities from the Triad area.

I wouldn't describe Greensboro as a gay bar mecca by any means. For me in particular its been fun each time seeing my favorite former Gaiety dancer perform and getting to meet and be friends with his large local fan base in and out of the bars.

John Pela

Guest JohnPela

Swinging Richards of the Triad

I posted this in the FAQ section. I will be back in Greensboro on my way to NYC but will not be there Sunday night, so will not be able to check it out myself.

"Greensboro, NC- Swinging Richards of the Triad"

Swinging Richards of the Triad- Greensboro, NC

(The Triad is Greensboro, Raleigh, Durham cities)

All male nude dancers on Sudany nights from 9PM until 2AM

Executive Suite Building

7806 Boeing Drive

Greensboro, NC

(336) 776-8634

http://www.swingingrichards-nc.com

Membership male strip club, VIP rooms or membership

Large stage area for performance

Individual party rooms available for privacy

Bring your own beer, wine or champagne with juice bar on site

Sofa rooms and dance area

Limo rides with your favorite dancers

The above listing in their ad in local NC gay publication

I have not been here myself, or been to Swinging Richards in Atlanta. I assume its similar to Atlanta one. So if your in Greensboro, NC, check this out.

Guest JohnPela

Warehouse29 in Greensboro, NC

Any M4M members in Triad area of NC?

If so, I will be at Warehouse29, male dance club in Greensboro, NC on Saturday night, September 17th. Its located on Arnold Street where Hwy 29 intersects with Wendover Blvd on the north eastern edge/side of Greensboro. Lots of hot college age guys (there are at least 5 universities in Greensboro, NC), not to mention Mr. Gaiety 2003, the headliner go-go boy stripper/dancer will be performing there September 16th and 17th.

Guest JohnPela

RE: Warehouse29 in Greensboro, NC

If you are going to be in Greensboro for Halloween weekend, the Warehouse29 will have a masquerade party (costume contests) Saturday night that weekend. Also Sunday night will have a dance party. There will also be go-go boys and/or drag queens performing Friday and Saturday nights that weekend. Should be a large young college age crowd but there is a mix of older guys also.

I don't know what the SkyBar, downtown club is doing

The previous weekend, October 21st and 22nd, Mr. Gaiety 2003, Ben Versace, is the featured male stripper at Warehouse 29. http://www.w29.com

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JohnPela

>Lucky asks:

>Has anyone an update here as I may get to Greensboro soon.

Lucky,

If you are asking if I have an update about Greensboro, I guess no. Though, I would be interested if you are able to attend the Sunday night Swinging Richards-Triad strip party/club in Greensboro. I have not been to that. If you are there the weekend of Friday, Oct 21 or Saturday, Oct 22nd then you can see/report on Ben Versace's gogo boy/strip/shower routines. There will also be drag queens performing Saturday night at Warehouse 29 (http://www.w29.com). Maybe you'll spot that Marine that is so beautiful and looks like Ryan Phillipe, but even more beautiful.

Raliegh and Charlotte have more gay bars and strip clubs to choose from then Greensboro. Check out the central NC Gay publication at any gay bar/club. Raliegh is about 1&1/2 hours from Greensboro directly on the interstate. Also Raleigh/Durham (RDH) Airport is much bigger and has more flights and cheaper flights. Let me know when you will be there.

Archived