Musings from a first timers visit to Montreal

lerbut23
This topic is 6963 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1. The walk from the airside to customs is long. . . very long.

2. Montreal is the most tolerant city in the world, per se. (I have no idea what per se means but I have found that if you put it at the end of your sentence, it makes your point seem more logical and reasonable).

3. Montreal has more homeless people with dogs than any city in the world, per se. (See what I mean!).

4. The goings on on St. Catherine Street make the Gaiety look like a church sermon.

5. People on the streets of Montreal need to stop being such conformists and dress in a manner that expresses their individual personality.

6. Either Canada sells a brand of cigarette that smells a lot like pot or the wacky weed is legal in Canada.

7. Is there really a reason why Stock opens at 6?

8. Is there really a reason why Adonis opens at all? (Sorry twink lovers but I found that place repellant).

9. I am not sure if Nick the Dick got the name because of his huge piece or because of his attitude. . . either way the name is very fitting.

10. Stefon, the short stock bartender, is beautiful. He really should drop his pants on stage.

11. Johnny at Taboo is really really well endowed. . .he can definitely give Nick a run for the money.

12. The dancers at Taboo are really really afraid of the monitor almost to the point of absurdity.

13. Campus at night rivals the quality of Stock at night. I found myself more and more attracted to that place.

14. Campus during the day rivals the quality of Adonis at night. I found myself more and more repelled from that place.

15. Eddie's special friend really spends a lot of time at Stock keeping other customers from being able to enjoy Eddie. I wanted to do privates with him but could never break in.

16. $20 lap dances at Stock are like $10 lap dances at Stock except no curtain. (Brandon and Alex are notable exceptions to this).

17. The private dances at Campus at night are the best in Montreal, per se.

18. If Rudolph Giuliani could see what was happening on St. Catherine street, he would move to Montreal and run for office.

19. If my mother knew what was happening on St. Catherine street . . .nevermind I don't even want to think about it.

20. Montreal is the best "stripper city" I have ever visited and no other city is even a close second. (Sorry Ft. Lauderdale fans).

While or taste in guys is very different(I love the Campus day dancers and cannot stand the dances at night)I must say that I agree with most of your post-except the bit about conformity in dress!Perhaps that was tongue in cheeks nes't pas(nes't pas is kinda the french equivilent to per se ;) )Glad you enjoyed your first trip-sure you will be back-and Leave Rudy in NY ok?

For a 1st time visitor to the Montreal strip clubs, you've made 20 excellent observations, "per se"... One observation I've made is the "street beggers" speak perfect English.

Out to "USguyinMtl", you made the observation list. Remember, if he loves you let him fly!

Hi Cooper,

The Stock has always been my favorite bar and I do spend a lot of time there. Eddie and I do spend a lot of time together, but it's not that I'm forcing him to spend time with me or that I'm trying to keep him from giving dances. I spend a lot of time with all of the dancers, since a large percentage of them are my friends. If Eddie does not have any potential customers he usually comes by to see me, but I encourage him to walk around and talk to the customers. Because he does come over to talk to me often, it may seem to others like I am keeping him from doing his job. But this is not my intention at all. I definitely don't follow him around the bar, since I usually hang out in the same spot (in the area near the bathroom where the dancers hang out to talk, because I like to chat with all of them). I do not want him to lose any business because I'm there or because we talk too much in between dances. But as I said, Stock is my favorite bar and I'm going to keep spending time there, whether Eddie works there or not. My Stock habits have not changed because Eddie is working there. But your comments have been duly taken. Using your words, Eddie can fly (and give dances) as much as he wants. When he makes money, he's happy, and that makes me happy.

Having befriended Eddie for a short time as well during a recent visit, he is tune that if he makes enough money for the night he is content to spend the remaining hours of work just hanging with someone who he likes. I got evil stares from patrons at Campus, when he was still there, because on two different days he spent 1-2 hours just hanging with me, talking. So sounds like he does the same at Campus, good for Eddie.

Thanks for making me laugh...

>2. Montreal is the most tolerant city in the world, per se.

>(I have no idea what per se means but I have found that if you

>put it at the end of your sentence, it makes your point seem

>more logical and reasonable).

>3. Montreal has more homeless people with dogs than any city

>in the world, per se. (See what I mean!).

I really enjoyed this post -- you've got a great literary career ahead of you. Apart from those items that are really a question of taste, I only disagreed about one of your musings:

>12. The dancers at Taboo are really really afraid of the

>monitor almost to the point of absurdity.

You didn't meet the right dancers. Fisher will back me up on this one.

One dancer told me, by the way, that he prefers dancing at Taboo precisely because he can use the monitors as an excuse when he doesn't want to get too close and personal with a customer.

(Forgive me if your comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.)

>10. Stefon, the short stock bartender, is beautiful. He

>really should drop his pants on stage.

I find all the waiters at Stock to be far hotter than most of the dancers appearing on the stage. They certainly supply major eye candy in between the dances.

Also re: Eddie He didn't appear to be interested in doing private dances early on Friday evening as my partner and I sat at the next table and despite several eye contact/smiles exchanged, no response. He seemed only interested in chatting with the two gentlemen with whom he sat. I perceived a definite aloofness there. I hope to catch up with him on a future visit to Montreal. In any case, he's a hottie who's fun to watch perform.

Glad you had a great first visit to the heaven of North America. I'm sure it will not be your last.:D

Archived