Heat in DC

Guest ReturnOfS
This topic is 6913 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ReturnOfS

I just visited Heat this past Saturday. It has definitely changed in a good way since it first opened. It looks like they put more money into the operation. The place was crowded; there was definitely MANY more dancers (twink lovers would be happy); there's a pool table, there's a guy in the bathroom with a tuxedo who watches your hands and stuff; and now theres even a restaurant. In terms of the champagne room I heard that their logo is now "What happens in the champagne room stays in the champagne room"

I would beg to differ with your glowing review of Heat.

I visited the place last year when it first opened and was not impressed. If I go out its usually to Secrets. But based on your glowing review I decided to give Heat another chance. I was there tonight...a Thursday for 2 1/2 hours. First: a $10 cover charge which gets you a drink. There were about 10 dancers, and maybe 10 customers. I only saw one dancer that I would classify as "twink". All but 2 were African-American and seemed to be going for the "urban thug" look. A couple were very effeminate. As for the private dances there are semi-private rooms at the following rates: $20 a song, $30 a song, and a champagne room for $150 for 30 minutes. While they kept announcing these different rooms and rates, no one can tell you the difference or what is acceptable in the rooms. They all have a see-thru curtain at the door and frequent interruptions. Even the dancers seem clueless as to what is acceptable, one telling me that they have to keep their underwear on in the $150 room. Excuse me??? They dance completely nude in the bar! No thanks. I will stick to Secrets...no effort at ripping you off there and friendlier staff. As to the "restaurant" at Heat, its a carry out pizza/sub shop.

Phew ... I thought it might just be me.

Went to Heat a few months ago and had absolutely nothing good to say. In my mind, it was simply an poor knock-off imitation of a strip club.

When I saw the poster's comments I thought I'd give it another try. I'm sorry I did. I still have nothing good to say.

Save your energies guys. Don't bother going to Heat.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in going to Heat or Secrets or any of the other clubs on O St SE, you'd better hurry. The city has filed court papers to take over the block in order to knock everything down and build their baseball stadium for the rich owners of MLB. The clubs have 3 months to get out, so unless they manage to get an injunction (highly unlikely) they will all have to be out by January 25. No word yet on relocation but given the laws regarding adult businesses it will be hard for all of the clubs to relocate. Word is that the owner of the block has been looking at a large warehouse space in Northeast DC where he would like to open a "Gay adult Disneyworld", so perhaps all of the clubs could be located under one roof as it were.

I personally never went down to the clubs there as the area was just too unsafe feeling for me the one time I did go several years ago.

Archived