Male Strip Clubs in Los Angeles

Hart100
This topic is 6920 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone know why there aren't any Male Strip clubs for gay men in the Los Angeles area? It seems that with the valley being the pron capitol of the world, LA would have plenty of hot guys to fill the stages....If you know of a place where a gay guy could get a hot lap dance from a hot guy, please let me know....

It probably has something to do with the political climate of California and the USA in particular. I agree that the number of underemployed hunks hanging around LA would seem to provide ideal material for putting together a stripper club par excellence. I would be surprised to see it given the times and mores of America in the early 21st century and the way religion has taken centerplace in your political culture. In fact, I'm surprised more male stripper clubs in the US haven't folded along with the venerable Gaiety in NYC.

When you compare how the naked body, be it male or female, is viewed in the mainstream of American culture, compared to Europe or even here in Canada, it seems America is headed straight back to the Victorian period. Coupled with the continuing debate on evolution versus creationism and other issues long since settled elsewhere, one can only shake his head at the situation in what was once a country where liberal ideas weren't considered disreputable or even worse, unAmerican.

Luv-and please do not take this the wrong way-but there are several male strip clubs in the US-just not in Los Angeles.

Now there are not as many as there used to be,but the number of clubs in Montreal has decreased by 2 over the past 2 years.So while I cherish my visite to Montreal-I might be making a tour of some clubs in the US.

I just might start with Portland.

Indianapolis-welllllll maybe for a weekend!

BigGuy, I know there are other male stripper clubs in the US and I said I was surprised they are still operating (for the time being). I've been to many of them (in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Chicago) and others that were more like bars with go-go boys at certain times or special nights. My impression remains that others have folded under pressure of local authorities or zoning issues ( I know of one specifically in North Miami Beach or Sunny Isles, the old Boardwalk, that lost their licence when the neighbourhood went upscale) but other names don't come to mind as they were in cities I have not visited (at least in recent times).

In Montreal, the only one that has closed was the West Side and that was strictly a location problem (it was in the business disrict and far away from the Gay Village). I'm not sure what second one you're referring to as Taboo, Adonis, Le Stock and Campus are all going strong.

JT, if you were ever to take an extended visit to Canada you would see that women stripper bars are everywhere, literally, you will find them in the smallest one-horse towns, and the girls rake in the cash, just as their American cousins do. It is the male stripper bar, with its connotation of homosexuality and all things gay that we are talking about here. Getting back to the original post, it seems strange that California, and LA in particular, which used to lead the way in the so-called "sexual revolution" is now heading in the other direction, along with New York City which is a lot duller than it used to be a few decades ago.

Guest msclonly

Gays have no one to blame but themselves for the demise of the clubs.

If they acted more responsible and called less attention to themselves with their outrageous behavioor, the public would not be as concerned about the neighborhoods and little children.

The press loves to make a big deal out of the acting out of so many gays like that seen on Pride days and the Parades.

;(

RE: 2 Closed Stripper Clubs in Montreal

There may have been a third, now closed. Further to the north, in the entertainment area where the two American guys who recently died were clubbing before they went out to Laval, there used to be a male stripper club.

RE: 2 Closed Stripper Clubs in Montreal

I stand corrected. I forgot about Nirvana which was opened to great fanfare (sortof)about a year and a half ago and promptly closed about 6 weeks later (more or less). I stopped in once and found it a characterless place, with about 4 or 5 dancers of less-than-stellar quality (and this is putting it mildly). To top it off their drinks were more expensive than at the other clubs. It wasn't long before they were admitting females (in fact the night I was there they had a female stripper along with the guys). Nirvana never really got established and sank without a trace so it had sort of slipped my memory.

The other club , if there was one, in Laval, off the island of Montreal and another city, was probably a male stripoper bar for women. There are one or two like that in Montreal as well (you have to have a female with you to gain admittance if you are a guy. Sort of a Chippendales type of club.

Dear MsClonly,have you ever seen straight guys hanging out in the parking lot of a straight club?Talk about rowdies!And the drug dealers and nasty-skank crack ho's hanging out?

So your self loathing homophobic statement is uncalled for!

All neighborhood associations rally to get all strip clubs,straight or gay,banned from their little corner of the world.

And then we uf uptight hollier than thou fags(such as yourself)so dependent upon approval by "the right kind of people"acting against their own self interest. I have seen it happen in so many "gay meccas"That are now gentrified, overrun by breeders and then not much fun anymore.

There have been attempts at establishing pansexual brothels in Parhump-nothing has ever worked.

You must realize that these areas are not located in very gay friendly spots and that to get a real male ho house going would involve a lot of capital.When the clientele is a minority then it just does not make any sense.

Forgot to add

If you need to visit one of the establishments in Nevada you might want to call ahead.I avoided an embarassing scene at a bachelor party once by giving the proprietress a couple of days notice when i was younger.Not the best looking guy-but at least I did not have to pretend with a girl.

Archived