Madrigal's In Chicago.....

likembig
This topic is 6807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

WOW, sad news. I have never been to Madrigals but its not good news when another landmark strip club is closing.

I guess it does have a bright side, I makes Stock easier to continue to be the best in North America.....

Did you get to see Damian ?

When is the next meeting in Montreal ? Iam ready already.

As important as the Gaiety was to many people, Madrigals was the same for others. It was a fun place to gather and see new lineups of dancers every week. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for other male strip clubs in the Windy City.

As Taz said, this is definitely sad news to start off the new year. Don't know if any other club can fill it's shoes, but hang in there and see what tomorrow brings.

Likembig, thanks for giving us this update and, if anything else develops, please keep us posted.

Guest JohnPela

>As important as the Gaiety was to many people, Madrigals was

>the same for others. It was a fun place to gather and see new

>lineups of dancers every week. I hope this isn't the beginning

>of the end for other male strip clubs in the Windy City.

Sad news. I had some fun times at Madrigals Club and in visiting Chicago over the last 3 years. Though it was not in my travel plans for 2006, still sad news. It was one of the best male strip clubs that Chicago had to offer.

Closing only temporary, reopens Feb 14th

Since it looked like Madrigals was headed the way of the G, I decided to head up to Chicago for the weekend.

As the show started last night Juan made an announcement concerning the "rumors" and stated that he would be closing Madrigals on January 15 or 20th due to some personal matters. BUT BUT BUT that he would be reopening on Feb 14th, Valentines Day.

There were 6 dancers last night and I think half off them had the name Michael or Mike. Michael and Jimmy from Louisville were dancing as was Michael from Milwaukee and Mike (formery of the Corner Pocket in New Orleans). Mike is the dancer that I mentioned in my hurricane diary and he saw me in the crowd and pushed his way thru to say hello. He seems to be doing well since relocating to Chicago. I forgot the names of the other guys but like always lots of muscle and toned bodies.

I guess many were there like me to say good-bye to the place. It was toooo crowded, you could hardly move. I did one long dance upstairs, I should very good long dance upstairs, before heading to Lucky Horseshoe.

As for Lucky Horseshoe, the quality of dancers there has gotten much better. One toned Eastern European dancer (forgot his name), a few fratboy types, some toned Latino guys, and a tight muscled Asian named Xavier. All very "friendly" and well worth a stop.

RE: Closing only temporary, reopens Feb 14th

>As for Lucky Horseshoe, the quality of dancers there has

>gotten much better. One toned Eastern European dancer (forgot

>his name), a few fratboy types, some toned Latino guys, and a

>tight muscled Asian named Xavier. All very "friendly" and well

>worth a stop.

WOW Now that sounds like the good ole days at the LH. For the longest time there were only/mostly tweeked out, scrawny boys there. Thanx for the update KY.

Barry :)

>

>As for Lucky Horseshoe, the quality of dancers there has

>gotten much better. One toned Eastern European dancer (forgot

>his name),

This must be Ugnius. He goes by "Ugi" for short, and yes, he is hot!! He was trained in classical ballet in his native country.

Thanks for the good news about Madrigal's!!

Guest JohnPela

I'm glad Madrigal's is only closing for a couple of weeks. Even though I probably will not be going back to there or Chicago for quite some time, its good to know that a fun stripper club and friendly bar like Madrigal's will still be there.

• 2 weeks later...

>As the show started last night Juan made an announcement

>concerning the "rumors" and stated...he would be reopening on Feb 14th, Valentines

>Day.

I walked past Madrigal's tonight and there was a sign in the window announcing the reopening. I'm pretty sure it gave 2/6 as the date. :7

Reopening Feb 6th

An open letter on Madrigals website: http://www.madrigalsclub.com states that the club has closed for serving a "police agent" a drink as a minor and instead of fighting the charge as advised by this attorney, he decided to accept the punishment of closing for 21 days and taking a well deserved vacation.

Another part of the open letter mentions being cited for nudity violations for the dancers showing their "Buttocks" in a G-string or thong, which he is fighting.

Well it's probably easier for you to read for yourself on the website. I tried to cut and paste the text to here but couldn't get it to work.

BTW if you find your way to Chicago, try to give the place some support.

• 3 weeks later...

RE: Madrigal's In Chicago Re-Opens

This just in: Our field reporter in Chicago reports that Madrigals has re-open it's doors after a 3 week forced vacation.

Some changes were noted:

1. cost of drinks is up

2. no smoking policy now includes the bar area.

Last night's entertainment consisted of 5 talented dancers.

Enjoy Madrigal's while it's still around.

Guest JohnPela

RE: Madrigal's In Chicago Re-Opens

>>Is Mad's up and running as usual?? Their website is still

>>down.

>

>don't know why their website is down, but as of monday the bar

>has been open.

Good about the bar being open. They had a good website and maintained monthly. I would think they are trying to get a lineup recruited for the month before trying to post anything.

Archived