Rumour about Campus Bar in Montreal~~

Samai139
This topic is 6777 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Someone asked me if I knew anything about the closing of the Campus Bar in Montreal. According to them, the bar is supposedly closing in April--something about loss of liqour license/tax problem?

I know several of you have been to Montreal recently. Any info? Those living in Montreal---have you heard anything?

I'm hoping this is NOT true. Campus is one of my favourite places.

Well, I'm sitting here watching the Oscars with Dan, one of the owners of the Campus, and I can tell you that none of this is true. The Campus is doing well and it's liquor license is just fine. But my other friend sitting here just told me that he had heard the same rumour about the Stock--something about losing their liquor license in May. That one's probably not true either. Just goes to show that rumours fly all the time, so calm down. You'll all still be able to come up and enjoy the Campus.

Just returned from a long weekend in Montreal and I can now confirm personally that the rumours about Campus and Stock Bar are wrong. I spoke with one of the owners of Campus and he has no idea where these rumours are coming from, but assured me there are no problems with Campus and taxes and/or liquour license. I received similar assurances from all the bartenders at Stock Bar.

So go and enjoy. Almost all of the piles of snow are gone, and even the caked ice in shaded areas was melting away. The currency exchange sucks, but the dancers are very very happy to see visitors--it's been a long winter for them and for other businesses in Montreal.

You are sure to find someone of your liking at one of the four strip bars--I didn't visit L'Adonis or Taboo this time---too rainy on Thursday and Friday to walk that far. I could have done on Saturday, but had more fun just strolling along St. Catherine and enjoying the spring-like weather and all the "eye-candy" on the streets.

If you are a patron of St. Hubert Chicken, very close to Campus, you'll be glad to hear they have updated their menu---still basically chicken, but more healthy choices to select---very convenient place. If you are into quick tasty sandwiches--try the "Roule-Boule" just up Amherst from there---the Eqgyptian owner is very friendly and accommodating---Campus dancers frequent the place.

Changes, other than dancers: The Internet Cafe that I used to use on St. Catherine is closed---it appears that a brick wall was in danger of collapsing---the Subway just down the street from there is also gone, as is the pet shop where I used to "visit" the cats and dogs. Ben and Jerry's is till going strong, and with the coming of spring, I suspect other ice cream places will open again---ahhh, the temptations of Montreal :))))

Archived