Is anyone familiar with this montreal hotel?

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 6742 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend and I are looking to visit montreal at the end of summer/first of autumn. We are trying to find a nice 2 bedroom hotel suite that we can share. I came across the Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites on Trip Advisor. It is ranked as the number one hotel in Montreal. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and how convenient it is to the Village and the strip clubs. On past visits, I have stayed at the Delta Montreal, the Hyatt Regency, and a privately owned rental apartment right in the Village. Is it in the same general area as these other two hotels? How close to the metro is it? I assume, by its high ranking on tripadvisor that it is a nice place. Any comments would be appreciated, or if anyone knows of any close to the village hotels that offer two bedroom suites, please let me know.

The hotel has a nice website, which has a map showing the location. It is half a block north of Ste. Catherine and two blocks east of Rue University. Which means it is probably linked to the underground city, but it is beyond convenient walking distance to the gay village. You will need to take the metro or a cab. There are a couple of metro stops in the area. Don't know the hotel personally.

All things are googleable.

Here is the metro map of Montreal. The Square Phillips is at the bottom right. The McGill Metro stop looks to be the closest and about two blocks to the north.

http://www.stm.info/English/metro/images/c32.gif

It is only a couple of blocks away from the McGill Metro Station (The Bay/La Baie Department Store), so you shouldn't have a problem getting around. After 1am, when the metro closes, you can take a taxi cab from the dancer bars for around $7 or $8.

I have not stayed there, but on my trip to Montreal a couple of years ago I stopped in to check it out. I went in the middle of the day so the front desk wasn't busy and the concierge showed me a number of units in varying sizes. I think it used to be an office building that was re-purposed. The rooms are quite large, the kitchens seemed fairly basic. They also have laundry facilities in the building for guest use. I would not hesitate to stay there.

Archived