Le Stock Reopens July 23rd!!!

Luv2play
This topic is 6645 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

BREAKING NEWS: I have just been told that the Stock will ro-open this Sunday at 8pm. I was there a few minutes ago and they are loading equipment in by the front window. The inside looks completely finished, mirrors, red walls etc except for minor finishing details. The guys unloading the stuff (one very cute) told me that this Sunday was the date.

It looks like Likembig will win the pool with his prediction of August 15th, which is not even close but close enough to be the winner, it would seem.The rest of us will just have to pay up for our dances! :9

Taz and I were lucky enough to get a tour of Stock III today. It looks like its going to be a gorgeous space. While it looks like a huge amount of work has been done in the last few weeks, there are still a ton of details to be taken care of before Sunday (which the owner confirmed). There are still no booths for private dances, virtually no equipment behind the bars, floors and painting not finished, stage not finished, etc... But the work they have done in a short time is really amazing and leads me to believe the Sunday opening can happen if they continue at the same pace. Since I'm going home Monday, I have my fingers crossed. Looks like my guess for the opening date was a couple days off but I'll be proud to be the closest! :p

Guest Rendie

Thanks to LustinGuy and Rendie for taking and posting the photos.

My question is, when were they taken? If today, does it look like Stock Bar will be ready to open tomorrow?

I have a feeling that the hottie on stage is a dancer and not a construction worker. As was pointed out to us several times, the construction workers should be on their 2 week mandatory work holiday.

Can anyone name that dancer? In another picture it looks like Jason/Dominic of the Gaiety/Stock up against the bar.

I don't know how reliable this info is but I heard that an ex-dancer got the contract to do the construction work. I observed the workers several times and obviously all were not ex-dancers or part-time dancers but some could have been given their looks.

One thing I noticed when I was looking in the window the other day and this shows in the pictures, namely that there seem to be many more columns than there used to be. It may be as a result of the new configuration of the room but it seems to me that there are going to be some problems with sight-lines where the old bar only had minor ones. Nothing is more annoying than watching a dancer perform only to have him lost to view because of visual obstructions.

The original Stock actually had the best sight-lines, as I recall, and you could watch the show from anywhere in the house, even way back. Of course now that I am older I find I have to be closer to the stage to see anyway so maybe it won't be a big deal.

first, let me apologize for the quality of the pics.... they were taken with my phone which doesn't work so great in low light.

The guy on stage is dancer Max... aka William at Campus.

The 2nd picture is looking east (where the coat check used to be) where there is now a bar against the wall and a shower in the middle.

#3 is looking west... on the other side of Danny's bar you can see the new VIP lounge area. and blurry hunky JP)

#4 is looking south from the bathroom area (same location as before)... you're primarily looking at the main (Danny's) bar. in the distance you can see the windows that look out at the street... thats where the entrance is now going to be. (and blurry Taz walking towards us).

Hoover's right - pics were taken yesterday.

Thanks a lot to Rendie and Taz for their help in getting these pics posted.

I'll bring a real camera tomorrow and see if they'll let me take some decent pics.

RE: Stock Reopens July 23rd!!!

Signs in the window read "OPENING SATURDAY 8PM"

Seems to me the wait is over, I just revisited the club and much more work is completed. Almost all of the painting is complete. The club will not be complete upon opening but the dancers will be back and they cant wait to get back.

The Dancer on the Stage is MAX (hands off hes mine!)He was showing how he plans to use the new pole on stage at Stock.

The Dancer/Construction Worker/Manager leaning on the bar is JP.

Smile, life in Mtl will be back to normal soon.

:-)

Guest Rendie

Luv,

The official re-opening was scheduled for Sat July 22nd, hence the sign on the window. It is obvious that they could not meet that ambitious date. I think tomorrow or Tuesday is more realistic.

rendie

Living half a block away, it didn't take me long to go and read the sign, which states "Opening July 23, Sunday 8pm" or words to that effect. I don't know what sign you were reading but Saturday the 22nd has never been mentioned before. Don't go confusing people.

As I am writing this, people are cleaning up inside, I could hear the machines blasting away although they were keeping the windows closed with paper over them. I guess they want to surprise people. See ya there tonite! :p

Archived