Corner Pocket in NOLA going strong

This topic is 6640 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I spent a few days in New Orleans last weekend and visited the Corner Pocket three times. There were plenty of dancers and the place was crowded. Even though the Bourbon Street crowds were a little sparse, the gay bars were really hoppin'! Some of the dancers at CP were the ones I remembered from last year, and there were quite a few new ones as well.

There were also dancers on the bar at Oz. Things were a little more "open" than before the storm.

I also searched for the elusive Madrigal's Bar that was supposed to have moved here from Chicago, but no luck. I asked in all the bars, and no one had even heard of it. So, I'm not sure what happened.

They have closed here in Chicago, and before they closed, the owner was telling everyone that he had bought a place in New Orleans and was going to open Madrigal's down there. I even had a address that the bar was supposed to have been located at, but no luck. Maybe sometime in the future. There was one dancer at Oz who said he had heard about a bar from Chicago relocating in NOLA, but that is all he knew.

Archived