Update on Remington's?

camdencoguy74
This topic is 6377 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i was just there 2 weeks ago.

it is the same wonderful old place,

some new odd rules, you can no longer take any drinks between floors, so if you buy one drink on the 1st floor, you must finish it, or leave it behind before moving up to the 2nd floor.

they no longer want you to use the front stairs moving between floors, something about the front stairs are only for escape in fire.

also now in toronto all dancer must have a stripper permit, it cost aound 300 us to get, so the affect is no stop in strippers, or collage boys that need fast cast working for a special weekend. so you now have the hard core strippers working.

on the sat night i was there, there were about 30 strippers, all types, big and small, old and twinks. something for everyone.

the shows up stairs in the booth room is anything goes. but you are really not allowed to play with yourself, only the stripper should have their dicks out....

• 1 month later...

that's interesting.

I know when I was there last Nov. they were trying to make the no drinks between floors rule happen but most of us ignored it at the time.

My experience in the booths really depends on the dancer. Some of them got very interactive. I suppose if they are taking your pants down and working on you, you may keep things going for more songs. That's what happened to me anyway. The little Asian guy called Lee was lots of fun in the booth.:p

Good to hear the place isn't changing much. I think that's part of its charm. How much are private dances these days? With the Canadian dollar trading so high these days it make a night in Remington's a bit more expensive for us Yanks.

Guest zipperzone

>Good to hear the place isn't changing much. I think that's

>part of its charm. How much are private dances these days?

>With the Canadian dollar trading so high these days it make a

>night in Remington's a bit more expensive for us Yanks.

Well it probably isn't any more expensive than a similar evening in your U.S. hometown or recreational city of choice.

An if the stronger Canadian $ makes it too expensive for you I have little sympathy. I can recall some American posters here laughing when our $ was low and we complained abour the cost of "entertainment" in New York. Their responses were along the lines of "Tough Shit", not that I'd ever be so rude to you guys!

• 1 month later...

Sad to say that Remington's is a shadow of its former glory. I was in Toronto for a long weekend. I stopped by late Thursday evening. The crowd was surprisingly large but there were few dancers. If you are into older (late 20's-30s) muscle-y guys you will probably see a lot to like. But for the twink-lover there was nothing to see.

Friday evening I stopped in early (around 7 or 7:30) and the place was dead. Again the same sorts of dancers with the exception of Lee who is a very cute Asian boy. He's been working out a bit in the past year since I saw him last but he's still very boyish. We did an extended private upstairs which was fun. He is a sweet boy.

Saturday I also stopped in early since I had a show to attend at 8. Again the place was dead with very few dancers. One other younger guy called Aaron (I think) was there. Very boyish face, long legs, pretty good dancer. He seemed like he might be a bit under the influence of something though. I returned after the show and there were a few more people and dancers there, but it was really more of the same type. The upstairs bar was open but it was very quiet.

So on the whole I found it to be very disappointing compared to what the place used to be several years ago. Maybe it's time for a new concept or something. Perhaps the fact that college kids can't just come on a Friday and Saturday night to make some quick money is the problem. Or maybe the boom has given them more employment options. I thought many of the customers were much better looking than the dancers.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

>Saturday I also stopped in early since I had a show to attend

>at 8.

That's strange. I was in Toronto for the Easter Long weekend recently and the place was full of customers on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. HOWEVER, the floor upstairs, to my surprise, seem to be more for women than men.

Some strippers are the same as last year and some are new. It may not be as glorious as years ago, but it hasn't gone to seed just yet.

My recommendation is to go just once, either on a Friday night or a Saturday night. Avoid Sunday, since it seems to fill up with women more than any other night.

Archived