Backroom Club Opens in Montreal

Luv2play
This topic is 6298 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since there is no forum for this topic, I thought I would review the opening of Backroom (spelled backwards but my keyboard won't do that LOL). This club opened quietly a few weeks ago just before the Outgames came to town and I was curious what all the hulabaloo was about. I had read an article in the straight press about it but of course that only served to whet my, er, ahem, appetite. So last night I dropped in around 2:30 am.

The place is huge, the old COX club in the heart of the Gay Village, an old post office building that is quite elegant, Beaux Arts style , outside. The club is entered by a discreet door set in at the east side of the front of the building. There is a lot of stair climbing, up and down, and you forget the sequence but I think I went down first to a check-in counter where the fee was $12.

The club is licensed for liquor and apparently the sex area of the club is separate from the bar area. Frankly, I found the maze very confusing and I wandered in and out of the sex area and the bar area without seeing any obvious barriers. The lighting is VERY low and you need to walk slowly so you don't walk into black walls, stumble over uneven floors, fall down stairs, etc. I've had laser surgery to correct my eyesight so my night vision is not 100 percent and I found it a bit difficult to get around at times. I guess if I became an habitue, that would change.

The place had quite a few guys, but it was hard to estimate numbers since the place is so large and you don't take it in in one view. There are many rooms, different levels, different passages etc. It does have a large washroom, lots of toilets in cabins which are labelled as rooms!, an internet room with about 5 or so computer stations, and oh, by the way, LOTS of SEX!!!

The guys don't speak much, they mostly walk around with their shirts off, I only saw one guy with a towel on like in a sauna. The only naked guys were in the areas where the sex takes place and then they mostly just dropped their pants to play. There are small lockers in one passage but not many used them.

I quickly stripped off my T-shirt and exposed my manly chest to see what would happen. It didn't take long before I had found some very friendly types and some really nice dicks! In the interests of decorum, I won't go into all the lurid details, but a fun time was had by all, including me. I would have made at least four new friends, if only I had got their names but that didn't happen!

The age group of the guys would be between 20 and 60, I would say, and a lot of very hunky men. There was fucking and guys were using condoms as far as I could see (which wasn't much except for one memorable scene when my face was rather close to the action).

In conclusion, this place is pretty hot and I will be going back. I think those who will enjoy it have to be fit and height and weight proportional (there was a distinct lack of obese guys). Wear simple clothing (sneakers are a good idea) and carry a hankie. Take a condom altho they are supplied but not in all places you might find yourself.

Whether this club will survive is an open question. In the press, the owners said they were relying on the recent Supreme Court decision on private sex clubs (the swingers case). The police were quoted as saying they would keep an eye on the activities there (undercover?). I did not see nor smell any drugs being consumed on the premises. As for being well-patronised, I would say it will become as popular as any of the neighbouring saunas, if only for the reason that you don't have to go through all the rigamorall of undressing and getting into a towel etc.

All in all, a great addition to the Montreal nightlife scene for gays!

• 2 weeks later...

I ain't no spring chick anymore but I do try to stay in shape as I get older. That and the fact that I look a tad younger than my advanced years allows me, in the right light(or lack thereof), to participate in activities normally associated with the younger set. Just another reason to pass on the rich desserts and stick with the healthy choices when it comes to diet and exercise. :p

Can't give you the number, but if you walk down St. Catherine in an easterly direction from Campus and Stock Bars and look to the right, after about four or five blocks, you will see a very large cement beaux arts buildilng with Postal Something C---the entrance is on St. Catherine, up a few steps.

I haven't been in, but have heard that it's open and still running, as of Sunday,

The street address on the building is 1450 Ste Catherine Est but don't go in by that door. Use the door on the east end of the building on Ste Catherine which has no number but has the name "backroom" with each letter written backwards on a black door.

The street address on the building is 1450 Ste Catherine Est but don't go in by that door. Use the door on the east end of the building on Ste Catherine which has no number but has the name "backroom" with each letter written backwards on a black door.

• 10 months later...

Has the Backroom closed?

Passing by for several days at various hours of the day and night shows no activity. There is an iron fence/gate which is always shut and locked. The door is never accessible. Deliveries of the free mags, etc., still appear on the stoop in front of the door but stay there for a while without being picked up.

The website is still active and says it is open 8pm-6am. But it also says that you can get a discount by coming in before 8pm and an even bigger one before 5pm.

What gives? Can any of the Montreal regulars fill in what the story is?

Was in Montreal this past weekend and walked

past Backroom on Friday and Saturday and found

the doors open both nights...Sunday it appeared

closed, however...I haven't paid a visit because

I heard from folks who've visited that it is

practically a pitch black environment and I'm

not crazy about stumbling around in the dark...

but I've also heard about some fairly hot encounters

there, so I suppose you just have to hit it on the

night with the right mix of guys...hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OralBtm4Top

I know the last update was two weeks ago but Im curious if others have had any experience at the Backroom Club?

Archived