Corner Pocket New Orleans - back to 'normal'?

Guest verymarried
This topic is 6511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest verymarried

I was considering a trip to N.O. and I was wondering if anyone has been to the Corner Pocket recently and if it is like it was before Katrina. Thanks for any info.

• 2 months later...

>Thought I'd bring this thread back to the top as I'll be

>going there in January. This will be my first time in New

>Orleans. Anything I need to know? What don't I even know to

>ask you guys? Can this place be compared to any of the bars

>in Montreal?

I just returned from a weekend in N.O. Corner Pocket is nothing to compare with Montreal Clubs, no nudity, no erections, and no private areas. Most of the dancers are very twinkish or street looking guys. They rotate turns on the bar and then move about the crowd seated around the bar. They seem to pay alot of attention to the regulars. On Fridays at 10pm they have a contest that brings in some first time dancers. Gets very crowded but the dancers pay most of their attention to the people seated around the bar that have been selected as judges.

Bourbon Pub and OZ have 3 dancers each on weekends. The dancers at OZ were muscled and very friendly for decent tips but the place was one of the worst I've seen for obvious drug use and selling. People line up in groups of 3-4 at a time to enter a bathroom stall for drug use. It wasn't even very hard to figure out who was the inhouse dealer. One dancer even mentioned to me using drugs with a group in a bathroom stall.

Archived