Cooper's Absence Explained

Lucky
This topic is 6530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zipperzone

RE: Danny, the Legend and Idol

>"I apologize for these photos being so large, I'm new at

>this!"

And so you should - that was totally unacceptable. You leave me with no alternative but to put you over my knee and give you a sound spanking.

That just might teach you not to do it again!

RE: Rumors

Apparently strip clubs can run in to trouble no matter where they are!

New challenge beaten

CHARLES WATERHOUSE

November 15, 2006 12:00am

THE controversial Hobart strip club Players has beaten another action that would have seen it closed down.

Tasmania's Licensing Commissioner Wendy Sawford applied for the cancellation of the general licence issued to Samantha Hernan for Players Sports Bar in Macquarie St, Hobart.

The application was made on the grounds an associate of Ms Hernan -- her de-facto partner Colin Latham -- was not, or was no longer, a person of good repute having regard to character, honesty and integrity.

After considering all the evidence the Licensing Board, comprising two women, Kerry Sarten (acting chair) and Louise Finney, determined Mr Latham was an "associate" as defined by the Liquor Licensing Act 1990.

But the board also found there was "insufficient evidence presented for the board to satisfy itself that Mr Latham is not of good repute having regard to character, honesty and integrity".

Mr Latham said he was pleased with the decision of the board.

The case was heard over two hours on Monday and the decision released yesterday.

Hobart lawyer Steve Chopping represented Ms Hernan and Mr Latham.

Meanwhile, it seems there will be new owners of the business by Christmas. The premises are owned by St David's Anglican Cathedral.

During the past three weeks the business, which includes a lease of almost 10 years with the church, has been offered for sale.

Knight Frank's John Blacklow said an offer had been made by a local syndicate and a sale was expected by Christmas.

He said he believed the buyer would be looking to retain the existing business in some form and expand the bar.

The sale had been advertised in Tasmania and interstate.

Players opened on August 11 and since then has battled with its landlord and Ms Sawford to stay open.

In September Ms Sawford rejected a transfer of the liquor licence from Ms Hernan to Grant Brown, but the premises continued to trade with Ms Hernan as licensee.

Archived