A Legacy of The Gaiety

Lucky
This topic is 6492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

An email from a friend today reminded me of the many benefits I have gained by posting here in the message center and patronizing the old Gaiety male burlesk. If it weren't for the two, we wouldn't have had the easy place to make a rendezvous with another poster we met online. The Gaiety is gone, but so many friendships made there carry on. Now we celebrate together in Montreal or at the Club 20. When we all gathered together for dinner and then went to Buffboyzz or Club 20, I had a great time and felt that I was among good friends.

So I am using my 7000th post to toast all of my buddies from the G and the clubs that followed: Cooper, VDN, foxy, jackhammer, rendie, likembig, Casio, tazmanian, NYO, Lustin Guy, beefeater, and a couple of guys whose screennames I don't know and I can't use their real names.

Thanks for the fun and friendship. Thanks to Cooper for keeping us all up to date as well!

(Now someone will tell me I left their name out...sorry!!!)

For years I went to the Gaiety to see naked guys on a stage. In the last few years it became a meeting place for some really terrific people who I'm happy to say are now my friends. The Gaiety may be gone but the friendships endure and that's a lot to be grateful for. Happy New Year Lucky! Keep those posts coming.

RE: Gaiety/Friendship/Acknowledgement

Lucky, Congratulations to you on reaching # 7,000. Wow! that's a lot of messages.

We are truly lucky to have you as a member of this m/c. Your contributions have been many. You have made us laugh with your humor, enlightened us with your vast knowledge of books, newspapers, and travels, your reviews have encouraged us to see plays and movies, you've shared your opinions of many issues, and extended freely your friendship. Whether it be in good times or bad you've stuck with us and provided much to think about.

It's true that the former Gaiety was the catalyst for bringing many of us together both on and off the m/c. However, it's the friendships that we made that keep the spirt alive.

Thank you LUCKY for your friendship and all your

contributions.

Cooper *()*

Dearest Lucky,

7,000. Now there's a number! I am sorry I didn't have any pictures with 7,000 men toasting you, but I am getting close.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/586/00157or5.jpg

On a serious note, the Gaiety and my connection with this message center has also given me many wonderful friends. It was a pleasure meeting you and it has continued to be a pleasure communicating with you online. Wit, charm, intelligence, compassion .. you have so much to offer to both people in the flesh and to poeple in online communities.

To the CEO of Stella's, I salute you.

VDN

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5260/churchsigndz5.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3784/certificatewwwtxt2piccolg2.jpg

I consider myself very LUCKY to have made so many friends, like you, because of the Gaiety Theater. For me, to a great extent, many of these friendships occurred after it closed.

So to anyone that says that the closing of the Gaiety Theater was a bad thing I say "nonsense".

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, or maybe I should just be PC and say, like SA:

"Merry Christ-ma-kwa-nakah", to you and yours! :-)

CHEERS!!

rendie

Guest zipperzone

What ever happened to the gentleman who for years kept us up to date on the Gaiety shows every week? I think his handle was NY Observer?

After he retired from the reviewing process he just faded out of site. It's too bad he doesn't still post from time to time.

>So I am using my 7000th post to toast all of my buddies from

>the G and the clubs that followed: Cooper, VDN, foxy,

>jackhammer, rendie, likembig, Casio, tazmanian, NYO, Lustin

>Guy, beefeater...

LUCKY 7000

Thank you for including me in that distinguished line up of members.

I've always enjoyed reading your messages and look forward to the next 7000.

Happy holidays Lucky, you are a man who tells it like it is. I respect that quality in a person.

Archived