Who give the best lap dance at Club 20?

catnip
This topic is 6350 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

Starting tonight a very strict policy re: lap dances was instituted.

DANCERS CAN NOT TOUCH OR GRIND THE PATRONS.

A new security guard was hired and, if he sees you violating the policy, will come up to you and stop it. Almost every dancer was approached.

The club's owner is concerned about undercover police activity taking place at NYC strip clubs. Penalities can result in fines or being shut down.

Not much fun going on at the 20C and very few lap dances were taking place. The dancers are starting to fell the pinch. Some were talking about not coming back.

Hopefully, something can be worked out.

>Starting tonight a very strict policy re: lap dances was

>instituted.

>

>DANCERS CAN NOT TOUCH OR GRIND THE

>PATRONS.

Thanks Cooper for reporting news from 20C, as always, in a fair and balanced fashion.

I am saddened and outraged by this news (and to think I have only been there twice).

Apparently I will be bringing my Rosary Beads to my next 20C visit as PRAYING is the only thing that may be allowed.

Now, does anyone know if these new rules are in place when the ladies are shaking their thangs during the week? Will the prison guards also be there to make sure titty isn't rubbing up on anyone?

VDN (feeling sad and neutered)

RE: Who gives the best lap dance at Club 20?

"Now, does anyone know if these new rules are in place when the

ladies are shaking their thangs during the week? Will the prison guards also be there to make sure titty isn't rubbing up on anyone?"

VDN, Good question and one I also asked. Yes, the women follow the same set of rules. At first I thought it was managements way of getting more customers to use the $120 + tip champagne rooms, but apparently, the real concern is undercover activities. The club has also installed new security cameras right above the stage.

The lap dance area is very visible and it's where the lights are the brightest. You can't blame the new security guard, he's doing what he's been told. Even some of the managers came over and spoke to some of the dancers who started to grind and touch their customer.

Sadly, at 9pm, one very popular dancer told me he had made no money. It won't be long before some of the 30+ dancers stop showing up... One customer sat down to do a lap dance with 2 dancers. The dancers were approached by the security guard and reminded about the new "no touching no grinding policy". When the customer heard this, he said no thanks.

I'm hoping this can be resolved soon.

But aren't these rules for the protection of everyone, dancer, customer, and society at large? What could happen if a lap dance went wrong...a g-string snapping and hitting a customer in the face, or a customer's dentures falling out and scraping the dancer's body, with all the possibilities of infection that would then ensue? The closer a dancer is to the customer, the greater risk of a toe being stepped on or eyeglasses getting fogged. The club itself could catch on fire should the body heat of the patrons rise too much.

Public safety is no laughing matter. In the past, the police have only been interested in geting payoffs from clubs like this, so shouldn't we be happy that they have turned their concern to our safety instead? That is what this is all about, isn't it?

"Hopefully, somehow and somewhere, things will turn around in the city for the freedom of pelvic areas thrashing in our faces."

Sadly, I think the days of the NYC lap dance are coming to an end.

About 2 months ago Splash Bar abruptly ended their "man-on-man" show and eliminated all lap dances. They also cited police pressure. It's just too risky and the consequences (fines or closure) are too great.

Fortunately for the 20 Club, the activity in the private champagne rooms hasn't been effected.

...this just in to the newsroom

I am on the Magic Touch e-mailing list (and a few others .. wink wink). I just received this via e-mail. I thought this was relevant to the discussion here.

Mayor’s Office Denies PRIDEFest Permit, Relocation: Public Safety vs. Homophobia?

By Nathan James

There comes, over this past weekend that Mayor Bloomberg’s office, in conjunction with the NYPD, had denied a permit for the annual Heritage of Pride PRIDEFest. Held in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village for the past 15 years, the PRIDEFest and other Pride week events, are among the largest LGBT festivals in the world. For the past decade and a half, however, the PRIDEFest has been held on Greenwich and Washington Streets, narrow, poorly-maintained roads in an industrial section of lower Manhattan. As the event has grown, it has become overcrowded and unsafe. With that in mind, Heritage Of Pride, the events’ organizers, took the decision last winter to relocate the PRIDEFest to 8th Avenue in Chelsea. The HOP people worked long and hard to gain the support of the local Community Board, businesses, and service organizations in the area. HOP was proactive, with result that on March 27, Community Board 4 voted unanimously to approve a permit for PRIDEFest.

Having gained public support for the new location, Heritage of Pride felt reasonably certain that the NYPD and Mayor’s office would grant the necessary permit for the event. Yet, astonishingly, not only did the Mayor’s Office deny the permit, it chose to label the PRIDEFest a “new event”, and deny the permit on those grounds, too. Full stop. End of story. Now, PRIDEFest, the Pride week activities, and the annual Pride March, have been hallmark events in NYC during Pride Month, drawing over 1 million people each year. When the HOP organization set out to gain support for its decision to move the PRIDEFest uptown, businesses jumped at the chance to earn millions of extra dollars, and the historically gay-friendly Chelsea community welcomed the event with open arms.

Not so the Mayor’s Office, or the NYPD, which has determined to shut down an iconic New York City happening. I refuse to believe, as some have said, that the NYPD cannot adequately police the event. Cops will be jumping into their uniforms to get that lucrative overtime, which the city already has in its budget…especially those poor rookies who only earn $25,100 a year. I cannot fathom that traffic will be severely disrupted by the closure of 8th Avenue on a weekend. The city closes Fifth Avenue eight to ten times a year, every year, for all manner of (“socially acceptable”) parades, sometimes even on weekdays. Further, I reject the premise that holding PRIDEFest in residential Chelsea will negatively impact the community. After all, HOP went to CB 4 first, and they approved the permit, knowing full well what it meant for their neighborhood.

So what, then, is behind Mayor Bloomberg’s decision to squash HOP’s permit application? I strongly suspect that it has a lot to do with the proposed venue itself. 8th Avenue in Chelsea is in close proximity to the Midtown Manhattan “tourist district”. I believe that the Mayor’s office was fine with PRIDEFest, as long as it was held in a small, out-of-the-way place like the extreme West Village. However, 8th Avenue in Chelsea is hardly a fringe location. Six subway lines stop in or near this area, (compared to just one at the old location) plus it’s just a short walk from Penn Station. Heaven forbid the tender sensibilities of Edda from Wurtsboro be offended by the sight of—gasp!—gay people exercising their rights of free speech and assembly! Those fragile tourists might faint dead away in the streets…

I wonder if the city fathers have, in fact, thought this through. If HOP is forced to cancel the event completely, millions of dollars in tax revenue will be lost. Add to that the hotel bookings, subway and bus fares, airline tickets, restaurant business, and cab hails that will evaporate because of this ill-conceived decision. Can Mayor Bloomberg, and the Republican Party, really afford to alienate so many registered voters? I am quite certain the Chelsea Business Improvement District and Community Board 4 will remember their lost opportunities in November, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of gay and lesbian voters who live here.

Did homophobia play a role in City Hall’s decision? Most assuredly, if not its own fear, then the perceived affront to the “normal, straight” tourist crowd definitely played a role in Bloomberg’s thinking. Rather than embrace progress as evidenced by the growth and popularity of PRIDEFest, our mayor has, instead, chosen to step backwards toward divisiveness and intolerance, once again. The Heritage of Pride meeting on whether to fight City Hall or cancel the festival altogether is tomorrow. Stay tuned

>Fortunately for the 20 Club, the activity in the private

>champagne rooms hasn't been effected.

Unfortunately, the cost is a bit prohibitive for some. Can we get a benefit going or some type of telethon? Doesn't some physical or mental condition start if one's lap goes for a long period of time without attention and friction?

I think starting a fund so everyone can enjoy the Champagne Room, in light of big brother's restrictions in the common area, is the least that could be done. Hands across the region, and our laps, brothers! Let us help one another out!

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6707/humornudetowersr8.jpg

Guest buffboyzz2

What a dilemma... These dancers are in it for the money and no other reason. If it's not worth their while, well... isn't that what NYC ultimately wants?

Fortunately there are still places where the lap dance is alive and well! To the North, Montreal. To the South, Florida.

Of course it would be nice to have what you want locally, but that makes experiencing it (when you have the opportunity) more special.

I recall a time when Buff Daddy and I were at the Sea Isle in Key West. We were having such an incredible time with a great pack of guys all staying at the same resort.

It was magical, and nobody wanted it to end and go home. We made the observation that real-life, however burdened with responsibilities and stress, provided the means for us to get away and have these magical moments.

And I'll never forget my visit to Montreal - Hoo Boys to the left, to the right, to the center! Stock, Campus, L'Adonis and I'll even admit to Taboo }( ! I felt the same way as I did about that time in Key West.

If the new NYC lap dance issue persists, at least we have Montreal and all it's native beauties. My favorite place is definitely Stock, and much love, congratualtions and luck to my Pal Taz on his new endeavor! Glad to hear Edy is feeling better (and that others are again feeling Edy, hehe). http://www.nudemaledancers.com

And if your passport doesn't arrive in time, don't sweat it. Buff Daddy will be more than happy to make you feel right at home in West Palm Beach. Cupid's operation is wonderfully similar to a Montreal experience. http://www.cupidscabaret.com/

As for Phoenix, I tried contacting the owner of Dick's Cabaret to get the real story on the club's demise and supposed ressurection, but have gotten no response from him after his webmaster thanked me for my email and told me he forwarded my message to him. I haven't tried the other Dick's yet - maybe I'll get to meet up with Lurker one of these days....:7

All the best to my pals, it's been a long time since we last saw each other. I'm well and keeping tabs on y'all, not to worry!

Much love,

"Uncle Buff"

RE: Cupid's

A friend of mine was in West Palm Beach last Tuesday, so I got him all excited about going to Cupid's, relying on the info in the FAQ above. Sadly, he learned that Cupid's is no longer open on Tuesday nights. Or so he said...

Guest buffboyzz2

RE: Cupid's

Lucky, Sorry your friend was dissappointed. Um, it says right on the main page of the Cupid's website in BIG blue letters that they're open 6 days, closed on Tuesdays.

Buff Daddy told me a few weeks ago that just about all of the Bars and Clubs in the area are closed on Tuesdays. He's been trying to get them to see the logic in closing Cupids on Monday instead of Tuesday. Maybe it's just a Florida "Thing"...

~Uncle Buff

Good news from the 20 Club... Although the lights are still too bright in the lap dance area, things have returned to normal. No security guard enforcing any rules and everyone seemed to be having a good time... Although it was Mother's Day, most of the regular dancers were there. (**)

>Good news from the 20 Club ... No security guard enforcing any >rules and everyone seemed to be having a good time

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8499/animatedapplausege4.gif

Thank you Cooper for sharing this good news! Now there is hope for a fun Memorial Day Weekend for me after all! All I need to do now is select an entrée from Craigslist and it will be a wonderful weekend indeed in NYC.

Archived