Cupids West Palm Beach Closing

Guest Tristan
This topic is 6330 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tristan

Cupids of West Palm Beach is being forced to close by the county, which has stated that the club is in violation of a county ordinance against totally nude dancing. The club will reopen as Lifestylez on July 3, but will no longer feature nude go-go dancers. It's not yet clear what the club will feature. You can read the full article online at the following site:

http://www.expressgaynews.com

- Tristan

Guest Tristan

>OTOH I suppose this will increase business at Cupids in

>Miami! The old silver lining theory. :+

I'm sorry to tell you the silver lining theory won't apply in this case. Cupids of North Miami closed. The Sandal Club replaced it. I'll let someone from Miami comment on what type of club this is. I have no idea.

Come on up to The Boardwalk. It's not totally nude, but it's the next best thing.

- Tristan

Cupids in Miami closed? What next? Last year I was in Miami and had a frisky dance with a hunky number at Twist in the bungalow at back. Nothing nude but I got to grab his erection and give it some tender ministrations while others in the room seemed oblivious to what we were doing. Still, I prefer the action in the Montreal strip clubs where full nudity reigns! :p

Over the years I have enjoyed many nights at Cupids. I hate to see it close. Kudos to Brandy for keeping it going as long as she did. Cupids was hit or miss especially over the last 2 years or so, but it was one of the few places in the USA you could actually drink alcohol and watch guys dance in the nude (and erect!)

One thing I always liked about Cupids was that it ALWAYS remembered that gay men were its target market. It never strayed from that... women were only admitted with a male guest and it never turned into bachelorette party hell that I have seen other places.

Boardwalk has a battle on its hands with developers...

The DC clubs and the Gaiety have closed....

Support whatever clubs are left...

Farewell Cupids... I certainly enjoyed the VIP rooms over the years...

stripfan

I was only at Cupids in WPB once several years ago when a friend took me. That was during the winter and I remember there were several dancers from Montreal who were doing a gig to escape from the brutal winter up north. I don't know if that tradition continued but if it did I suppose the boys at Stock and some of the other Montreal clubs will be sad to hear of Cupid's closing.

Archived