Stock Bar 16th Anniversary

Luv2play
This topic is 6148 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Stock Bar is celebrating their 16th anniversary this Sunday, December 2nd. Their ad in Fugues states that there will be special presentations by the dancers and a surprise guest. Unfortunately, they also say that exceptionally for this Sunday, women will be allowed.

Now I'm not a woman-hating gay but I avoid "Ladies Nite" at stripper bars because I find that the dancers tend to give too much attention to them, especially the so-called bi dancers and certainly all the straight ones. IMO it totally ruins the illusion that all these gorgeous boys are gay. I know they aren't but at least when there are no women around one can entertain the illusion. With ladies present, forget it!

Since it is the gay guys who have made these bars a success, I sort of resent it that for their anniversay party, women have to be invited. I probably won't go and I'm sure I won't be missed. But if enough gay guys avoided going, maybe they would get the message!

It's certainly a difficult issue. Stock does have a popular "Ladies Night," and these customers certainly contribute to Stock's financial well-being... although, of course, it is a gay club, predominately and historically.

I can't remember: Were women allowed at last year's anniversary party? I think they were, but I'm not certain.

-North

First off, Happy 16th Anniversary Stock Bar! Keep up the great work.

Back in April of this year, I attended Stock's "Roof's on Fire" party. It was the best party I've ever attended at a strip club. Everyone had a fabulous time and, yes, women were invited. I vividly remember sitting at the bar with dancer Raphael. He was seated in the middle between his beautiful g/f and me. One hand was on her leg and the other was on mine. Raphael, like other dancers, was there to work and make money. The male patrons spend the most money and the dancers know this. Sunday is traditionally a slow night at the clubs, so, inviting the "ladies" makes good business sense.

How LUCKY you guys are who live or can travel to MTL. IMO, you have the best male strips clubs in North America... Here in NY we only have the 20 Club, open Sundays only, no nudity, and lap dances are very visible. Women have always been permitted and a few do attend.

Out to the Stock Bar's management, have a great party and I look forward to many more years of happy returns. (**)

I will admit that I am one of those that does not feel confortable in a strip club with women present. I know it is a reality that the only reason these stud bodies pay attention to me is for money. But it sort of rubs it in your face when women are present and get attention for little or no money. Male Strippers depend on Gay men for their lively hood. Being insulted by them just because women are present is not entertainment to me.

I was in Stock during Thanksgiving weekend and had a great time, even thought the # of dancers was low. There was not a women in sight there during my stay.

I was also there in September on a night early in the week that was not a ladies night. A group of women came into Stock. They sat in front of the smaller stage by the bar they use early in the week, and yelled and screamed throughout each dancers act. Of course several of the dancers flocked to them even though they were not spending any money on the dancers. I was seated at the bar and a male patron complained to the bartender about the women and it not being ladies night. The Bartender was rude and told the guy "I get to decide who gets to come in". The male patron left followed by a couple of his friends. After about 10 minutes I also left as several other men did, becuase of the women. I was in Montreal for over a week that trip and did not return to Stock on that trip. It also made me leary of stopping there my Thanksgiving weekend trip.

If I was in Montreal for their anniversary Party, I too would go someplace else if there is a mixed audience. I go there for entertainment, not to feel uncomfortable.

I do know a popular Stockbar dancer that told me he never works ladies night. He said because his girlfriend gets jealous but she is ok with him playing with the guys. She does not see guys as being a threat to their relationship.

>

>How LUCKY you guys are who live or can travel to MTL. IMO, you

>have the best male strips clubs in North America... Here in NY

>we only have the 20 Club, open Sundays only, no nudity, and

>lap dances are very visible. Women have always been permitted

>and a few do attend.

On my last visit to 20 Club, I took a dancer upstairs for a closed private dance. Well into the dance, things were a little frisky, the dancer looked up and nodded his head. Looking over the wall was a female and a guy. They both laughed and said something then got down. Needless to say the friskiness stopped. Ended up that the guy was a worker at 20 Club and he had brought the women up to watch since she thought the dancer I was with was hot. Since he was an employee, that actually lead customers to the private area, I felt there was no need to complain. Was I insulted , of course I was. I spent ALOT of money that one night in that Club and that is how I was treated. I also left the Club shortly there after.

Male Strip Clubs everywhere seem to be letting the "Ladies" move in. It has happened at Unicorn Club in Indy and then when the Gay men stop coming the Club wonders why their business is so bad and they can't get dancers. Well if you depend on the women to take care of the dancers, they will starve or quit.

KY TOP-

I think that addressing both of these outrageous incidents with the club's management -- even after the fact -- would have been beneficial. Frankly, I'm not into confrontations, but these are both so far over the line that management should be forced to answer. And apologize.

Just my opinion,

-North

Guest zipperzone

>Male Strip Clubs everywhere seem to be letting the "Ladies"

>move in. It has happened at Unicorn Club in Indy and then when

>the Gay men stop coming the Club wonders why their business is

>so bad and they can't get dancers. Well if you depend on the

>women to take care of the dancers, they will starve or quit.

We all have the power of the dollar and should not be afraid to use it. But when we do, we have an obligation to tell the management WHY we are exercising it. Otherwise they will come up with all sorts of useless reasons as to why business is down.

Archived