POLL - Which is your favorite hotel in Montreal (no ties)

This topic is 5933 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been to the Hyatt, Hilton Bonaventure, and OMNI.I will be at the Intercontinental Hotel for my first time later this month.

My favorite hotel so far would have to be the OMNI.

I hope the Intercontinetal Hotel will be as nice. According to the reviews on TripAdvisor.com it seems like a decent place!

My favorite is Loews Hotel Vogue (stayed there about 10 times dating back to 2001) which is a really plush boutique hotel right in the middle of downtown. Fantastic cozy rooms, beautiful decor, amazing beds and bathrooms and top notch service. I liked it much better than the Ritz Carlton. But their prices have been creeping up in recent years.

I've stayed at the Omni and Intercontinental and found both very good but I prefer the Intercontinental slightly because it is more modern and just has a cleaner feel to me.

Recently I have found myself gravitating to the Hyatt because its about 1/2 the distance to the village compared to the other mainstream 4 star hotels and can often be booked on hotwire.com for around $70/night.

I don't use priceline in Montreal anymore bcause I prefer not to stay at the Hilton. But I've had really good experiences with all the other priceline bookings there.

I've also had nice stays at the Sir Montcalm B&B which is right around the corner from Stock. It’s much nicer than I expected but they only have 3-4 rooms and I missed the privacy/anonymity and service of a large hotel.

My least favorite is the Gouverneur where every request I ever made for any kind of help/service/information from the staff has been greeted with an "I don't give a sh*t attitude." I'll never stay there again. And they charge about double what you would pay for the Hyatt which is a real life four star hotel.

Sorry if I sound fussy but I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels and the small things start to make a big difference.

Gouverneur Hotel

I have stayed at the Gouverneur Hotel many times over many years. All of the staff (desk clerks, telephone reservations, concierges, housekeeping staff, restaurant staff, and security) have invariably been friendly, courteous, and helpful to me.

RE: Gouverneur Hotel

On other fronts, is the Montreal subway "air conditioned" like in other major cities? I can recall many times waiting for the Montreal metro during the Fall season and it was like a sauna down there.

Also, are the "weekly passes" Monday-Sunday or Sunday-Saturday?

Archived