private booth policies in Montreal clubs

newatthis
This topic is 5886 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

[a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=17491]An earlier thread[/a] raised the question of what dancers in the Montreal strip clubs will do/allow behind closed curtains. I'm wondering about 2 related issues:

[ol][li]what does the law say on these matters? I have the distinct impression that things got more permissive, at least de facto, after the court ruling on private sex clubs a while back — although I have no idea whether, de jure, that ruling had any bearing on private booths in strip clubs.[/li]

[li]what do the various clubs' policies say on these matters? And are those policies, in fact, enforced, or is it "don't ask, don't tell?" (So far as I know, only one club owner participates here, but perhaps our Montreal-resident contingent has some reliable reports on these matters.)[/li][ol]

[a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=17491]An earlier thread[/a] raised the question of what dancers in the Montreal strip clubs will do/allow behind closed curtains. I'm wondering about 2 related issues:

[ol][li]what does the law say on these matters? I have the distinct impression that things got more permissive, at least de facto, after the court ruling on private sex clubs a while back — although I have no idea whether, de jure, that ruling had any bearing on private booths in strip clubs.[/li]

[li]what do the various clubs' policies say on these matters? And are those policies, in fact, enforced, or is it "don't ask, don't tell?" (So far as I know, only one club owner participates here, but perhaps our Montreal-resident contingent has some reliable reports on these matters.)[/li][ol]

The laws that govern Montreal Strip clubs and private booths have not changed in many years and wont any time soon.

The laws are much more strict (for Strip Clubs) because of the liquor permits and laws involving employee (dancer)/customer lap dances.

I dont think any SEX (only) clubs have a liquor permit.

In short, sexual contact is not permitted during a lap dance by law however knowing what goes on behind every curtain every minute of the night is impossible.

Montreal Morality Police make frequent visits to view the events of the night and have even made recent arrests at some strip clubs.

If you find a dancer you think will give you ALL you want like Tom Rent said, GET A ROOM!

The laws that govern Montreal Strip clubs and private booths have not changed in many years and wont any time soon.

The laws are much more strict (for Strip Clubs) because of the liquor permits and laws involving employee (dancer)/customer lap dances.

I dont think any SEX (only) clubs have a liquor permit.

In short, sexual contact is not permitted during a lap dance by law however knowing what goes on behind every curtain every minute of the night is impossible.

Montreal Morality Police make frequent visits to view the events of the night and have even made recent arrests at some strip clubs.

If you find a dancer you think will give you ALL you want like Tom Rent said, GET A ROOM!

Unless things have changed at Stock Bar since my last visit almost a year ago, each lap dance booth had a detailed posting, laminated, on the wall. Not too many of us take the time to read it, but I am fairly sure it outlines what the law says and probably relieves the management from informing every customer of the "rules of the house." If someone could post that information, it would be interesting.

As far as I know, Campus, L'Adonis and Taboo do not have similar notices posted in the lap dance areas.

Taz --

Thanks for your quick reply, which prompts some additional questions (not necessarily just for you).

>In short, sexual contact is not permitted during a lap dance

>by law ...

Presumably the law defines "sexual contact?" Does anyone out there have access to the wording? (I once heard Ti-Guy Doux do a hilarious routine at Taboo which involved quoting, deadpan, the police report of the infamous May 2003 raid and the ensuing interrogations of customers and dancers.)

>Montreal Morality Police make frequent visits to view the

>events of the night and have even made recent arrests at some

>strip clubs.

With closed curtains, how do they gather evidence of what's happening in the booths? Do they sneak up and suddenly pull the curtain aside? :-) Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks again.

>The laws that govern Montreal Strip clubs and private booths

>have not changed in many years and wont any time soon.

This is not correct. In 1999 the Supreme Court decided that sexual touching in a strip bar, as long as it did not include acts of masturbation or fellatio, was permitted. This reversed the law of a 2 year earlier case (Cheaters)which had found such acts lewd and lascivious. In the former case, which was based on a Quebec case, the court ruled that the community standards of Quebec would not be offended by touching of dancers in the nude, including the breasts of female dancers. An earlier 1994 Quebec case had also concluded this but was affected by the 1997 Cheaters case.

>

>The laws are much more strict (for Strip Clubs) because of the

>liquor permits and laws involving employee (dancer)/customer

>lap dances.

I would find it difficult to accept that dancers are "employees' of stripper clubs but maybe Taz could clarify this. My understanding is that dancers receive no salaries or benefits from the club owners and if anything pay for the privilege of dancing.

>

>I dont think any SEX (only) clubs have a liquor permit.

The Backroom bar in Montreal, which is just down the street from Stock, has a liquor license.

>

>In short, sexual contact is not permitted during a lap dance

>by law however knowing what goes on behind every curtain every

>minute of the night is impossible.

Touching of a sexual nature is permitted as stated above but cannot be taken too far.

>

>Montreal Morality Police make frequent visits to view the

>events of the night and have even made recent arrests at some

>strip clubs.

My understanding is that any arrests made dealt with underage dancers or other offences such as drug possession but not sex-related charges since the 1999 Supreme Court case cited above.

>

>If you find a dancer you think will give you ALL you want like

>Tom Rent said, GET A ROOM!

This is good advice. ;)

It would be useful to recall the Taboo raid in 2003 in this context as well. There the police charged that underaged dancers were being used and that sex was taking place between the dancers and clients which was prostitution since money was exchanged.

As I recall one dancer was found to have been underage although he had lied about his age to the club owner and used false ID. I also recall that the sex related charges were withdrawn but my memory is a little hazy on this. I don't think any clients were convicted.

I do know that after the Taboo raid, the other stripper bars put in curtains,and even doors at Campus for a short period. The doors were removed when a dancer allegedly assualted a female client during ladies' night.

>>The laws that govern Montreal Strip clubs and private

>booths

>>have not changed in many years and wont any time soon.

>

>This is not correct. In 1999 the Supreme Court decided that

>sexual touching in a strip bar, as long as it did not include

>acts of masturbation or fellatio, was permitted. This reversed

>the law of a 2 year earlier case (Cheaters)which had found

>such acts lewd and lascivious. In the former case, which was

>based on a Quebec case, the court ruled that the community

>standards of Quebec would not be offended by touching of

>dancers in the nude, including the breasts of female dancers.

>An earlier 1994 Quebec case had also concluded this but was

>affected by the 1997 Cheaters case.

I thought 9 years was a long time :) (I wouldnt want to wait for a lap dance for 9 years)

>>The laws are much more strict (for Strip Clubs) because of

>the>>liquor permits and laws involving employee >(dancer)/customer

>>lap dances.

What a dancer does while "working" at a club is the clubs responsibility, IE: if a dancer is found sucking/fucking a customer the morality police would issue a summons to the dancer and the bar for allowing it to go on.

>I would find it difficult to accept that dancers are

>"employees' of stripper clubs but maybe Taz could clarify

>this. My understanding is that dancers receive no salaries or

>benefits from the club owners and if anything pay for the

>privilege of dancing.

>

>>

>>I dont think any SEX (only) clubs have a liquor permit.

>

>The Backroom bar in Montreal, which is just down the street

>from Stock, has a liquor license.

What is allowed at the back room ? ?

>>In short, sexual contact is not permitted during a lap

>dance

>>by law however knowing what goes on behind every curtain

>every

>>minute of the night is impossible.

>Touching of a sexual nature is permitted as stated above but

>cannot be taken too far.

I didnt mean touching the dancers leg :)

>>Montreal Morality Police make frequent visits to view the

>>events of the night and have even made recent arrests at

>some

>>strip clubs.

>

>My understanding is that any arrests made dealt with underage

>dancers or other offences such as drug possession but not

>sex-related charges since the 1999 Supreme Court case cited

>above.

You are correct, the arrests were from non sexual issues such as drugs or warrents that did not involve the clubs or false information given to be hired.

>>If you find a dancer you think will give you ALL you want

>like

>>Tom Rent said, GET A ROOM!

>

>This is good advice. ;)

Personally, when I go to a back room with a dancer for a lap dance, I insist that he clothe himself completely. This leaves no margin for error in the event that the police enter the area. Additionally, I tie my hands behind my back lest I get any temptation to actually make physical contact with the dancer. I draw the line at gagging myself, feeling that if I am paying I can talk as dirty as the words can come out.

I have found that this works for me, you will have to come to your own set of rules. Incidentally, I do tell the dancer where I am staying in case he wants to come by and fuck me. Is that illegal? What if I am still tied up? Could I then blame him for the sex?

I don't know what the exact policies are in Montreal strip clubs viz a viz what can and cannot be done. Since it is a "public, non-members-only area", I imagine that not much can go on legally.

But for clubs that have "members only areas", a lot more leeway is granted. For example, here is a link to the policies for the members-only areas for Goodhandy's in Toronto's:

http://www.goodhandys.com/diamondRoom.htm

Note that this is different from the traditional "back rooms" at stripclubs, because each person who uses the room must purchase a membership (usually nominal) to use the rooms. You also cannot bring alcohol into the rooms. But once there, you can do pretty well whatever you want (sexually, at least).

I don't know if any of the back rooms at the strip clubs are (or even can be) considered "members only areas"... perhaps someone else can do a bit of investigative reporting! ;-)

None of the back rooms/lap dance areas in the four strip bars in Montreal can be considered "members only" since anyone who comes in to the bar can go in the back with any dancer who will go. The only bar that charges, or used to, a surchage to enter is Stock, but you are not buying a membership to Stock, just paying a cover charge.

Other posters have pretty much covered the "options" for those who venture into the back rooms---it you are a first-timer to Montreal, you have to learn the ropes, get to know the dancers, follow their rules and the rules of the house(s) and they are different in each bar, and almost with each dancer.

Those veterans who KNOW individual dancers and have had experiences are correct in NOT sharing details about these experiences, except in a generic way---naming specific dancers, other than to see M. A/B/C is "active" in the lap dance area---is a breach of trust and etiquette---if in fact etiquette is the right word for a lap dance!!! |But I think most readers know what I mean.

If someone wants a voyeuristic read---stick to the Reviews section, they tend to be specific and erotic.

Beyond samai's well-taken comments, it's worth repeating what lurkerspeaks wrote in [a href=http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=17491" target="_blank]the earlier thread[/a]: what a dancer does with one client at one time does not necessarily correlate with what he'll do with another client or at another time.

Archived