Montreal update (12/08) -- very short report

newatthis
This topic is 5765 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was up there for 5 days last week. I had a great time, but if I had gone only for the strip clubs, I would have been disappointed.

I never go to Stock unless I'm with someone who really likes the place; admiring all those straight, and mostly unfriendly, bodies gets old for me very quickly. I did pass by a few times; nothing much seemed to be happening.

I got to Taboo twice. The first time there were few customers and only 3 dancers, but one of them, Ioan, is someone I got to know last summer and I enjoyed spending the evening sitting and talking with him. (Also did some dances, of course.) The second time, there still weren't many customers, but there were about 12 dancers, including old favorites like Derek, Francis, Ioan again, and several others (Diego, Nathan, Terry). There were a pair of new Mexicans, boyfriends, named Dany and Axel; the former had a gorgeous ass. Didn't have a chance to take him into the back. According to the dancers, the 3 nights I didn't bother to stop in were dismal. Criss has been promoted from bartender to manager.

I stopped in at Adonis once. 3-4 dancers, 3-4 customers.

I spent most of my club time at Campus, leaving at 9 when the tired old big guys showed up. There were always at least 10 dancers and quite a few customers (some cute customers, by the way!). I remember Charley, Francesco, Francis, Mathieu, Matthew, Brad, Roberto, Dominick, Mickael, Tristan, Frank offhand. I know there were others I'm forgetting. Almost all were friendly and easy-going, not pushy about doing dances.

I got whiplash from the changes in the weather. It snowed twice -- nothing blizzard-like, but steady and slowly accumulating. One day it got close to 50 F, melting the previous day's snow; then the temperature plunged and turned the sidewalks into skating rinks. At least one day was so bitterly cold that I could hardly manage the few steps from Metro Beaudry to Autour d'un Pain.

With the Canadian $ hovering around US$0.80, everything is a bargain.

"I enjoyed spending the evening sitting and talking with him."

This tidbit leads to one of the questions I have always had about the older men who enjoy the company of, well, twinks. What do you talk about? Most young men I know talk about themselves and not much else. That's fine for awhile, but then...?

>"I enjoyed spending the evening sitting and talking with

>him."

>

>This tidbit leads to one of the questions I have always had

>about the older men who enjoy the company of, well, twinks.

>What do you talk about? Most young men I know talk about

>themselves and not much else. That's fine for awhile, but

>then...?

Good question, but doesn't apply to this particular case. He's originally from Eastern Europe and is currently a grad student in the humanities. Inside his twinkish body lurks a quirky personality and a first-class mind. An example of a subject he was both insightful and funny about: the differences between Russians and "generic" Slavs -- a topic that arose from our gossip about a (gorgeous) former Taboo dancer from Russia.

I do sometimes have interesting conversations with "real" twinks -- typically with those who have an interest or passion outside themselves. One example is Hugo (sometime Taboo dancer), who's knowledgeable about movies and theatre. Of course, what I'm saying is that you can have such conversations precisely with those who DON'T "talk about themselves and not much else."

Hi Samai. There is now a law in Quebec (not Ontario) that you must have winter tires on your vehicle. However, I searched the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) website and found an article which states:

"Quebec is the first province to introduce a mandatory winter radial law, which will run from mid-December until March 15 for all cars registered in its jurisdiction."

I would think the last phrase being the key here - "registered in its jurisdiction".

I don't think visitors would have an issue.

- Terry

Thanks to both of you who replied to my question. I have all-season radial tires on my front-wheel drive Honda and NY plates, so apparently, if so inclined, I may still drive to Montreal legally. I appreciate the info and feel relieved that I won't have to invest in "real" snow tires if I want to go.

Archived