SECRETS in DC

Guest Bluedawg
This topic is 5685 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Bluedawg

I know there have been a few cursory threads about the new SECRETS in DC, but not much. After all the controversy--would it reopen? If so, when?--I was expecting more buzz. Oh, how I miss the days of NY Observer and his articulate, detailed GAIETY reviews! Can't anyone offer the same for the new SECRETS? Even just a nicely-written paragraph that conveys the "mise-en-scene?" Huge thanks.

Guest countryboywny

I started a thread a couple of days before they opened hoping for regular updates from guys living locally or visitors. I'll keep watching.. until I can get there myself. :)

The new Secrets and Ziegfelds is lush. It's open NOW!

There's a downstairs bar and space which is open on Friday and Saturday for the drag queen shows. Upstairs is where the naked guys dance on the bar and on four or five podium areas/stages too. Upstairs open Wednesday through Sunday at the moment.

It's a huge space. Really well designed and decorated. Welcoming atmosphere for customers of all ages, no attitude or pretension. Friendly bar staff and dancers. There's a large bar with seating for those of us who want an up-close view. Also a smaller bar at the back of the space and another in a lounge area of the main space. No private dances or lap dances, but tip the dancers dollars for appreciation.

Check their website for more info and address: http://www.secretsdc.com

I walked from the Metro and it was quite a hike. Neighborhood around the new stadium is quite safe along Capitol Street, then walk a few more long blocks in an industrial neighborhood that didn't feel so safe as it was empty. Get a taxi if you're not driving. I got a car back to downtown for $15.

When I was there on a Thursday, it was quite busy even just after opening around 9.30pm. Got busier too. Mix of dancers, so I'd say something for every taste, although no really muscle-type guys.

Hope that helps.

Archived